Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I’m getting ready to change rotors and brakes. My question is where do I find a schematic of torque settings for caliper pin bolt and I believe it’s called the caliper housing? Also lug nut torque

·
Registered
80 Posts
There on the schematic for the brake caliper in the service manual. You need to find a copy of the FSM - used to be able to get them from Nico club but they were forced to take them down. Maybe someone here knows where to locate a copy.

·
Premium Member
10,237 Posts
www.nicoclub.com, they are back up on that site and you’ll find the manuals there. Look at the general section to understand which ones are ft lbs and which are inch lbs, the icons are white wrench and black wrench. You surely don’t want to stretch or snap a fastener.

Clint

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
www.nicoclub.com, they are back up on that site and you’ll find the manuals there. Look at the general section to understand which ones are ft lbs and which are inch lbs, the icons are white wrench and black wrench. You surely don’t want to stretch or snap a fastener.

Clint
I foun

·
Premium Member
10,237 Posts
It’s 100 ft lbs, the last value is ft pounds.
Be careful or you’ll have a problem.

Clint
C5FAB9F8-1581-4C93-82C7-672F40DBB2D4.png

·
Premium Member
10,237 Posts
6EEC98F4-5B1E-4D06-BA3A-753C0F5F6557.jpeg
That was fuzzy, look at the general information pages explanation of the manual.

Clint

·
Premium Member
10,237 Posts
The picture I supplied was for how to use the manual. The picture there they use as an example, I’ll get you the control arm picture.

Clint

·
Premium Member
10,237 Posts
Isn’t it showing mounting bracket 136 and sliding pin bolt 20?
Forgive me, I have you mixed up with someone doing the camber bolts, yes the last number is ft lbs. Those settings appear high and are the same when I just did the brakes and rotors in my Sentra, seemed like an awful lot.

Clint

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Clint, so I’m not seeing things, you do see 136 and that seems high to me but that was the sentry number that you used?

·
Premium Member
10,237 Posts
It is but I wasn’t feeling it as I was turning the wrench which I do in increments so I set it at 110, I used to always just do it by ratchet and no torque wrench, and all was always fine after. The lug nuts on the wheels are usually 100-105 not sure why they spec so high.
I can’t tell you what to do but can say what I did.

Clint

Reactions: Peyton976

·
Registered
947 Posts
Isn’t it showing mounting bracket 136 and sliding pin bolt 20?
Yes. Those numbers are correct.
Those brackets go on very tight, on all makes of vehicles.
Be certain the bolts are in perfect shape, or replace them.
Use a premium quality socket. You don't want to have a problem now or next time trying to remove it.

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
I like to put a small dab of anti seize on the caliper mounting bracket bolts.

·
Premium Member
10,237 Posts
I like to put a small dab of anti seize on the caliper mounting bracket bolts.
I agree but that actually messes with the torque setting as it reduces the friction when tightening down on the bolt.

Clint

1 - 20 of 23 Posts