Username: 2016 BTM
Year:2016
Make:Nissan
Model: Frontier
Trim:SV
Color:Magnetic Black
Mods:

Interior:

Exterior: AVS vent visors, 4" oval step bars, Ready lift 2.5" lift kit, Stainless bull bar

Drivetrain:

Suspension & Tires:

Armor:

Performance:

Gear and Other:

In Progress:

After much thought and looking through dealer lots, the wife fell in love with a 2016 magnetic black crew cab SV. We bought it as a left over in February 2017. It only had 103 miles on it when we (she) decided it needed some modifications to make it ours (hers).

Here she is just off the dealer lot
[/URL][/IMG]

First mods: Attach the chrome bull bar to the front, AVS vent visors, fit on some 4" oval step bars, and give it a 2.5" suspension lift.
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/U

We noticed that the stock tires and wheels looked just too.... well Stock. Next up stuff some off road rubber in those wheel wells, and find some new rims.

·
Registered
170 Posts
That's exciting, my wife wants me to start working on her (used to be mine) '12 Pathy 4x4, Exciting times!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Took a couple of days and a few tries ordering online to finally find 16" wheels with our bolt pattern. My wife picked out some XD heist wheels 16X8 milled.

We went to work for hours looking here on the forum, and online searching for the right style tire for the truck, lift, and rim. She decided on the BFG mud km2's. 265/75/16. We loved the aggressive look, and positive reviews. Thanks tire rack!

Everything arrived ("chocolate Santa" AKA UPS) the other day. I took a half day off from work to help bring this together for the wife's Birthday. Off to the tire shop!
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not quite sure how but everything went well! Here are some pics of when I got it home.
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Now for the kicker!! Get it delivered to her work to surprise her on her Birthday!

Success!! Happy Birthday Kathy!!
I thought the bow was a nice touch :)
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
988 Posts
Wow that looks great.
Lets sum this up into a math equation:
Your wife Kathy + Blacked out Nissan Frontier + lift kit + Rims and BFG KM2 Mud-terrains = AWESOME !!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
This has been a very exciting process. We love it! Thanks to all!

Moving forward we are going to add some air bags to the rear, to just bring it up a touch, and help keep us level towing.
I need to take some measurements to ensure I get the proper spacers for the bags.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Now for the kicker!! Get it delivered to her work to surprise her on her Birthday!

Success!! Happy Birthday Kathy!!
I thought the bow was a nice touch :)
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]
WOW! What a nice husband!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Trying to decide, leave it, 1" body, or 2" body lift? Thinking 2" may be a little much for the size tire we have? opinions?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I say 1" body would be plenty if you guys don't plan on 4-wheeling that much. I think you'll find that most people go .5-2.5" Coil spacers & Shackles.

·
Premium Member
7,384 Posts
IF wheeling, you'll want sliders instead of the step rails.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I say 1" body would be plenty if you guys don't plan on 4-wheeling that much. I think you'll find that most people go .5-2.5" Coil spacers & Shackles.
Maybe some light wheeling in the future, nothing where I'll need rock sliders.

Are you saying a .5" body lift?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I always say go big or go home... but I did 3" in front and 2.5" in back and can't be happier!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Based on the tire size I think 1" will do it. I jacked up the truck and 2" of more lift made the tires and wheels look to small..

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So I know we are going to do some towing. I opted for the Firestone Ride rite air bags for the rear. With approximately 20 psi it lifts the rear about an inch and a half. After this mod I think I'm going to leave the height alone. I was contemplating a 1" body lift, but I think it bring it up too much with the size tires we have.
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]
[/URL][/IMG]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts