Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I get too much windshield time at work and would like to upgrade the driver's seat. Are the premium seats out of a pro4x better? Who has experience with both? For reference, my sv seat is manual, with the only adjustments being front to back, and seat back angle. It is heated however. I would like to retain the airbag, and I would bring power to the seat if needed. I would like seat height and tilt adjustment and some real lumbar support.

Thanks
Gary

·
Registered
105 Posts
I drove a 2017 SV for a while as a rental and I was really uncomfortable. Loved the truck just couldn't get in a good driving position. I'm just over 6'2" and my back hurt after a 45 minute work commute and was even getting headaches after a while (some of this could be attributed to posture so I can't blame the car 100%). Liked the 2017 so much I drove a 2012 SL and I ended up buying it that day.

The addition of the up/down adjustment on the SL has helped tremendously. The leather helps for comfort a little as well. I usually reset my right elbow on the console which I've found a little low since I raise the seat higher, but the issues I had driving the SV have pretty much disappeared with the SL. Telescoping steering wheel to reduce reach would be perfect, but hey..... I can't complain.

**Edit** I'm starting to feel the back pain I experienced in the 2017. Lumbar support helps but doesn't fix it 100%. This edit is only a couple weeks after the post where I've had a decent amount of time behind the wheel.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'll echo that the adjustable seat does make a difference. My lower back is terrible these days. I put 100K on my '11 Xterra S model with the adjustable seat and lumbar. For me, I hurt after awhile and adjusting the lumbar in or out to a new position makes a huge difference. I just replaced the Xterra with a CC Frontier and went with the Desert Runner as I like the wheel upgrade and it was the cheapest option with the adjustable seats (Win-Win). You don't get the heated seats, but I'm all about the lumbar lever...LOL

1 - 3 of 3 Posts