Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2014 radio in 2011 Frontier

I began buying parts to install a 2014 head unit in my 2011 with the RF system. I bought wire harness adapters so I can plug directly into the vehicle wiring and then one plug into the newer head unit. So far I can get the unit to turn on, it receives radio station info, but there is no sound.

Any ideas? I have the amp on wire, pin 1 for the 2014 and pin 12 on the 2011. I noticed the 2014 unit wont turn on unless its touching the crash bar. You can't hold it on your lap to turn it on; it must be screwed to the vehicle.

Any ideas are very welcome.

Pro-tip: The 2014 radio is not the standard double-din size. So that aftermarket dash kit your bought won't work.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
I began buying parts to install a 2014 head unit in my 2011 with the RF system. I bought wire harness adapters so I can plug directly into the vehicle wiring and then one plug into the newer head unit. So far I can get the unit to turn on, it receives radio station info, but there is no sound.

Any ideas? I have the amp on wire, pin 1 for the 2014 and pin 12 on the 2011. I noticed the 2014 unit wont turn on unless its touching the crash bar. You can't hold it on your lap to turn it on; it must be screwed to the vehicle.

Any ideas are very welcome.

Pro-tip: The 2014 radio is not the standard double-din size. So that aftermarket dash kit your bought won't work.
Sounds like you have a wiring mis-match. Likely ground missing. As to DIN, 2014 is a 8" DIN instead of a 7" DIN. Apparently mfrs are pushing an increased size. If you look you can find new(er) Android HUs that use this new larger size. I think the major audio mfrs are now releasing the larger formfactors too...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts