Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my truck back yesterday! I brought it in for the recall on the Air Bag Control Unit. The mechanic did his inspection and found the rear end had a leak. So they replaced it with a complete new rear end including rotors, calipers and of course pads. The mechanic noted that i had two different brand tires He said that i need to get new tires(all the same) otherwise i risk tearing up the tranfercase. I bought this vehicle from a different dealer as a certified pre-owned. It should have had all the same tires to be certified IMO. I have owned it for a year and a half so i probably don't have much recourse.

My truck has 51,000 miles.

What are some recommendations for tires??

·
Registered
78 Posts
A big factor is what you use the truck. Does it see mainly pavement? Do you off-road frequently? Is it your daily? I have some Goodyear Wrangler SRA tires on mine and they ride pretty good. They are an all season street tire however but my truck is my daily and I drive 90% highway to work.

·
Registered
544 Posts
While it is best to have a matched set all around, as long as all tires are all the same size there is very little to no risk to the gears...

As to tires as good set of tires are the same as the Pro-4X is equipped with, that being the Hankook ATM in 265/75R16 they will set you back roughly 125.00 per tire from Discount tire...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts