Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just brought this home last night. It is a 2014 SV CC SWB. It has heated seats, dual climate, tonnaue cover, side steps, wind deflectors, hood deflector, spray in bed liner, utilitrac, bed extender, mud flaps, weathertec mats, XM radio, sonar, backup camera and it even has remote start. Which the dealer didn't even know about. Probably has some other goodies too I have no clue yet.

She has 19k miles on it and I snagged it for $22.3k. That is the vehicle price only. There was some other BS fee's I couldn't get him to get rid of. What do you think of the price? This is my first truck after about 10 years of saying I need a truck. I was waiting for the titan king cab to come out but my Versa had 205k miles and I moved to the sticks. So the Versa wasn't cutting it anymore. Plus it had to fit in my garage. Which the frontier does.

Attachments

·
Registered
397 Posts
Welcome to the board, I just picked mine up last Friday (same color) and I have a whole ~300 miles on her so far!

As far as the price, they wanted crazy money around here for higher milage trucks that didn't look great underneath so going new made the most sense for my family:)

Enjoy your new ride and be safe!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First full fill up I got 15.9mpg. I think I can do better. Not even sure how accurate it is as I think the pump clicked off early the first time. Also temps been very cold in CT and we may be on our winter blend fuel.

I am ordering a scan tool adapter so I can use torque pro and maximize mileage. I am not expecting high mpg but still want best I can get.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Second fillup netted me 16.1 mpg. Again not great. I know I can get better. Has been below freezing. I idle the truck every morning with my kid while we wait for the school bus. This I bet is killing me.

I did fillup and then take a 70 mile round trip. Went back to the exact same pump and topped it off. I was trying to get my torque pro settings accurate. They are currently reading a bit high for mpgs. This trip alone got me 20.5 mpg.

With a mix of highway and back roads and the highway part with traffic I am happy with that number. Especially in the winter.

Just so everyone doesn't think I am just an mpg junky I have done some truck work too. Loaded the bed with firewood and made a full dump run! No clue how I survived as a homeowner without a truck before. The bed is pretty tiny but it's better than no bed at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts