·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok,

Parts you will need:

2013 And Up Navigation Frontier's Only

Metra ASWC-1 – Steering Wheel Control Interface Click Me

Metra 95-7624 – Nissan 2007 – Up Stereo Harness (will need to add 3 wires) Click Me

AX-NIS32SWC-6V – Nissan 2010 – Up Navigation Display radios (has 6 volts step down for back-up cam already installed) (this also replaces the ASWC-1 included harness) Click Me

Metra 95-7624 – Nissan Multi Kit 2007 – Up (can use old Metra 95-7619 if you can find it also)Click Me

INSTEN USB 2.0 A Female to Mini 5-pin Type B Male Adapter Click Me

Metra 40-NI12 - Nissan Factory antenna cable to aftermarket radio Click Me

FAKRA - Antenna Adapter Connector Sirius XM Radio and GPS Click Me

What the back Looks like:

What the Harness looks like when done:

What extra wires need to be added:
3 Wires for built in mic

3 Wires for OEM steering wheel wire.

PINOUTS:

The finished project (note I just tried this for fun and had no intention of keeping it in)

·
Registered
45 Posts
That's a nice system! That is one thing I miss about my Altima, the screen size of the Frontier is small. Nice thread with the details!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got the factory Mic to work with it. The Bluetooth is located in the head unit on the NAV frontiers. But this deck does have built in Bluetooth

·
Registered
36 Posts
I got the factory Mic to work with it. The Bluetooth is located in the head unit on the NAV frontiers. But this deck does have built in Bluetooth
I am looking to replace my factory head unit with a Pioneer unit. I want to retain the factory Bluetooth mic, factory back-up camera, factory XM, factory USB, and factory steering wheel controls. I see how to retain everything but the Bluetooth in post from the forum I have been reading.

I see that you retained the Nissan Bluetooth, was the mic hooked up with a 3.5mm or is there a special connection you need to make to the new head unit? I see a lot of talk about bypassing the system, but want to utilize the Nissan factory one.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
so I take it the factory dash bezel has a standard double din opening?

·
Registered
76 Posts
The factory bezel is a bit wider. To fit an aftermarket HU, a trim piece is needed on either side of the new radio. Yes you can directly install an aftermarket HU, but there will be a noticeable gap on either side w/o the trim piece

1 - 8 of 8 Posts