Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just took my truck to Nissan for oil change special for 9.95 lady called me to tell me my rear shocks were leaking sue to over extension and said they could get me new ones that fit the truck with the lift I have on it she said that 2 shocks and install would be 682 that price sounds pretty steep for removing 4 bolts. The truck has the rough country 2 inch spacer in the front and 1.5 shackle in the rear what shocks should I go with and does there price sound rite?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Just took my truck to Nissan for oil change special for 9.95 lady called me to tell me my rear shocks were leaking sue to over extension and said they could get me new ones that fit the truck with the lift I have on it she said that 2 shocks and install would be 682 that price sounds pretty steep for removing 4 bolts. The truck has the rough country 2 inch spacer in the front and 1.5 shackle in the rear what shocks should I go with and does there price sound rite?
HELL no. I've got a 2012 pro-4x with the same lift kit. I run the stock Bilstein 4600's and have no issues. You can pick up a pair of them for 190$ Or the better 5100's for 200 on nisstecs website. If they were replacing all four the price would be closer to her estimate but still high. If you have the means, do it yourself. Rear shocks are cake.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When I picked up the truck I asked what shocks and she said 5100's and they are 195 each . But they gave me a free oil change and car wash

·
Registered
2,814 Posts
Call Greg early in the am PST, like 6:00. PRG's price is $189 shipped for the pair. You can chg these with simple hand tools in about 15 minutes.

Bilstein 5125 rear shocks

·
Registered
2,814 Posts

·
Registered
5,964 Posts
Stupid autocorrect..... the shocks on Amazon are for stock height not lifted trucks. While they say they are for Frontiers, I would bet the bushings are not the correct size like the one's PRG sells.

$172.98 vs $189.... for $16.02 I'd order from Greg for sure!
Yes B. Read my post above. Just showing him the cost of the 5100s the dealer quoted 200 each.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts