Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was on my way home from work yesterday, when all of a sudden my truck freaked out. The Nav/Radio when dark and the ABS, Battery, Airbag, and many other lights all turned on for 2~4 seconds and then everything returned to normal (Lights went off). I also noticed a difference in the brake pedal effort during the experience. This seemed to be happening when I was coming to a stop (decelerating) about 4~5 times in a row all within about 2 miles and 5 minutes. The engine seemed to not be affected. I was only a mile from home so decided to pull over to a safe spot and shut it all down with the key for a minute. Upon restart the problem did not return.

I'm thinking it may have been something with the Nav/Radio (Stock) or possibly the alternator upon search?

·
Registered
338 Posts
I also suggest checking the terminals and battery. I had a similar problem and ended up with code U0101. Some people have reported damaging ECU's due to corroded terminals.

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
I also suggest checking the terminals and battery. Some people have reported damaging ECU's due to corroded terminals.
^^^THIS^^^

I am one of those people... See the thread in my signature.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Check the battery. When battery starts going bad it can cause all kinds of weird stuff. Go have it tested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
606 Posts
If that is the original battery it is probably the culprit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
7,137 Posts
Some will disagree, but IME a standard/common OEM-style battery is on borrowed time after 50k miles.

Reactions: AFguy05
1 - 10 of 10 Posts