Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like the title says, how do I find out if my truck is PZEV?
Thanks......Bill

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
What does PZEV stand for?

Sent from my iPhone 7 plus using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
176 Posts

Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle and I would be willing to bet nothing that the Frontier is NOT PZEV (my understanding is that the Altima and Sentra) are the PZEV models made by Nissan.

·
Premium Member
2,444 Posts
it isn't a battery operated vehicle

·
Registered
141 Posts
My 2016 has a pzev sticker. Says I don't have to do an emissions test for a few more years.

My old civic had the same thing as well btw. It doesn't mean your driving a hybrid or anything. Just exempts you from emissions test for the first few years. I think it varies state to state as well.

·
Registered
133 Posts
My Honda is a ULEV , Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle. Emissions testing varies by state. In Illinois, once your car is five years old, you have to go every other year (whatever year is odd/even that goes with the year of your car).

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts

Same as California emissions from back in the 80s & 90s, except now many more states are jumping on the bandwagon. My Hyundai, even though its not from CA nor was it ever intended for CA sales, has CA O2 sensors. when I had to replace the upstream sensor I went through 2 from Autozone before finding out I HAD to have the CA approved sensor for the ECM to be happy.... *&%#%%#@ C.A.R.B. :censor:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts