Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. A few days ago someone stole my license plate lights and just left the connectors exposed sticking out of the bumper. I drove around like that for 4-5 days.

I ordered the parts to replace, which is an entire harness, the thieves ripped off the entire bulb housing not the entire harness. Anyways, I replaced with new harnesses and I noticed my license plate lights still do not work and now I noticed my tail lights do not work either. I suspect/guess it must have shorted out when the leads were exposed, touched the bumper or each other and killed a fuse, fair enough. The best I can tell it is Fuse 7 in the fuse box underneath the hood marked "TAIL", but I am not 100%, and that fuse seemed OK.

Can anyone confirm to me the actual fuse for License plate lights / Tail Lights for a:

2013 Nissan Frontier SV 4.0L A/T with rear sensors/ camera?

No modifications whatsoever, nada.

If it is Fuse 7 and it seems OK, what are my next options?

Thank you,

Bob

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
and the best I can tell, those are the only lights not working. Brake lights works, all interior. I read somewhere some instrument lights might not illuminate, all seem to work as far as I can tell, just not tail or license plate lights.

·
Super Moderator
3,195 Posts
I usually just take a 12v test light and hit both contacts on all the fuses. Sometime that's faster than trying to locate the correct fuse and also sometimes I might find blown fuses that I didn't know about for other things.

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
Can anyone confirm to me the actual fuse
I am 99 percent sure that it is indeed #7 (marked "Tail").

Are you sure that fuse is really OK?

Sometimes, they look fine even after they've blown.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Hello everyone. A few days ago someone stole my license plate lights and just left the connectors exposed sticking out of the bumper. I drove around like that for 4-5 days.

I ordered the parts to replace, which is an entire harness, the thieves ripped off the entire bulb housing not the entire harness.
Thank you,

Bob
The thieves just might be the ol automated car wash.

Your new lights are probably the new style which are 'rounded', the old style being quite 'blockish' and the rotating car wash brushes grab them and shred them.

Happened to me but only one was destroyed. On ordering the replacement I noticed the different style and then ordered another so they were the same. The new style make it through the car wash.

^ Just a thought.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I am 99 percent sure that it is indeed #7 (marked "Tail").

Are you sure that fuse is really OK?

Sometimes, they look fine even after they've blown.
Yep that was it. It is Fuse #7 under the hood marked "TAIL", and yep the fuse was no good. Couldn't tell with naked eye but that was it!

Thanks!

The thieves just might be the ol automated car wash.

Your new lights are probably the new style which are 'rounded', the old style being quite 'blockish' and the rotating car wash brushes grab them and shred them.

Happened to me but only one was destroyed. On ordering the replacement I noticed the different style and then ordered another so they were the same. The new style make it through the car wash.

^ Just a thought.
Hi Dave, thank you, no that was not it, the truck has never been in an automated car wash. I think I got the same ones I had before, they are blockish / rectangular in shape but slightly smoothed on the outside. I did notice it seemed quite a few different part numbers it could have been. I think the ones I ordered and received ended in like 50A or 50-A.

Thanks again!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts