Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all I got a issue having hard time finding I have 2013 Frontier CC 4x4 having a squeak chirp issue around front drivers side fender over bumps I opened hood and moved the fender from side to side I can make it squeak by moving it sometimes and going over bumps!! It ain't the dreaded hood latch or bumps cause it happens when hood open!! Don't know if it's suspension or a fender issue but it happens when I move it also but goes away in rain!! Took to dealer they heard it but couldn't find it INAGINE THat!! Any help would be appreciated it's driving me nuts edit when I push on fender is squeaks as well I don't think it's a suspension noise I think it's the fender what do I look for??

·
Registered
305 Posts
it is the top of the spring and the top of the spring holder if it is like mine. To check take some wd40 and spray the crap out of the top of the spring where it meets the top. You will see a little rubber part. If just a tiny bit of grit gets in there it makes a squeak.

the WD 40 will silence it for a bit. The only solution i have found is to put the pressure washer to the top of the spring holder. Try it out and see.

my two cents anyway

·
Registered
305 Posts
So there ain't a permanent fix?? Need new spring bushing??
the new rubber isolator might make it work, i spray some white lithium grease in there ever so often. I think of the squeak when it come back as a reminder to look at the steering components.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It's funny I don't think it's a suspension issue as I push the fender it squeaks I'm wondering if is the fender Itself

·
Registered
305 Posts
try the WD fort trick i talked about and confirm it... cheap and easy test

1 - 6 of 6 Posts