Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Don't recall seeing these posted or discussed. Stopped by a dealership this weekend and noticed these on a 4x4 Frontier. This particular truck sat about 2 inches taller than the other 4x4's around it, yet was the only truck on their lot with these mudflaps. About 1/2 the size of a normal mudflap.

Oddly enough, the truck with these mini-mudflaps sat about 2 inches higher than the Pro4X's and SV 4x4's sitting next to it...

·
Banned
1,597 Posts
i think mine has a minor lift too for a midsized truck.you cant just step out or in and im 5 10.it makes the truck look like full sized when parked next to one

·
Registered
582 Posts
In the thread about the new 2013 features it was discussed and mentioned that it is part of the overall attempt to improve areodynmaics for that extra 1mpg they claim between the 2012 and older compared to the 2013.

·
Registered
1,427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I looked underneath & there was no lift, all appeared to be OEM. No blocks, no spacers, shackles & leafs looked normal, No dealer $$$ addendum to the Monroney sticker. I'm aware of the aerodynamic improvements, but none of the other 2013's had these rear tire air dams. I thought it had them because of the height? This particular dealer does very little add-ons, usually just tint, so a lift would be questionable.

Pro 4X:

Base model 4x4 on end:

Another angle:

Rear fender well TDC:

Pro4X rear fender well TDC:
[/URL][/IMG]

Anyway, just thought I'd share, since it seemed odd.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Bigger tires maybe?

We thought all the 2013's were going to get those air dams, but reports from the field have been that only the S models have them. The brochures show them on all of them, even the Pro-4X. I think the factory is lax on some of these bits and pieces; I'm not even sure if my SL has the same air dams between the cab and bed, that have been described on here.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Nice pics! And i love the lift on that thing! My only complaint with the Frontier is how low it sits with stock gear on it. Wish it sat a little higher. Otherwise, perfect!

·
Registered
246 Posts
My 2013 SV 4x4 King Cab has those mini-flaps in front of the rear tires. Stock height. I think I read that they are only on the King Cabs and not the Crew Cabs, but I dont remember where I saw that so it may be wrong.

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
You may be referring to my post in the 2013 spoiler thread. in which i stated that the flaps were only seen in the catalog on the KC not the CC. we have a few 13s on the lot now, and theres at least 3 CC frontiers that have the flaps in front of the rear tires. so its not just a CC fit, but theyre not showing in the 13 catalog for the CC

·
Registered
246 Posts
Yeah, now that I look at his pics again, I can see that the pic with the mini-flaps is a CC.

Maybe only the SV's (or maybe only SV 4x4's) have them since the SL's have the nerf bars which might interfere with them? Just a guess.

·
Registered
2,752 Posts
Maybe that tall Frontier got some springs from a Titan?
Factory ran out of springs so they grabbed some Titan parts to keep the assembly line moving.
I'll bet that rides a bit stiff too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My 2012 4X2 4cyl 5 speed manual kc has the mud flap in front of the rear tire. I think it is to drive all you a little crazy who paid a lot more than I did. I got a radio, air conditioning, mud flaps and floor mats and I get to manually lock the doors and roll down the windows. :2cool:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts