Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while not really a build because the thing is pretty damn built from the get go.
2013 ford f150 raptor. 4 door, 4x4.
thing is loaded to the max, im surprised there isnt a butler in the backseat to be honest.

front and rear cameras, foot of travel, and its so much fun using it all. picked this thing up at 119k in florida and drove it home to bethalto, few months after took to to Colorado for a week and got super lost in the mountains around the Telluride/Ouray area.

ive been going back and fourth lately trying to justify keeping it, because it really was kinda expensive for what i make. i ultimately have decided to just say **** it and trying to keep it for now. i dont have any kids or any other debt so may as well have a good time. we are planning on taking it back west next year, slotted for Utah and specifically MOAB:)

here are a couple pictures and some video from CO trip.

video
Imogene pass
there is a small part in the video on the side of the mountain where a tacoma slipped off the trail while trying to take pictures. keep your wits about you on the mountain!

digging through pics here is one of our late puppy Yogi, passed away earlier this year from stomach cancer. we have lost two dogs in the last year from various events and i feel it is shaping me more than i ever could have imagined.

lighten the mood up a little heres a couple more from the CO trip.

heres one from a local park, st joe. we camp there a few times over the year and have taken the frontier there a few times as well. always a good time, i love that place.

air time lol

some of the work ive done since i bought it.
cel for gas tank flapper thing, it came back eventually so i guess it wasnt it.

brakes

some fuse thing that caused the fuel pump to not run

and wouldnt ya know it ive gotten into argument with the ford guys not understanding that the slot it went to still has power. its a fuse box obviously it still has power.

·
Premium Member
12,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
had my buddy down at wagon wheel performance shop give me the ole tig treatment with some turndowns. it enhances the sound over stock a hair and its still very tolerable on the road.

heres another trip we took out to st joe with another raptor, hes fancy.

heres a couple of me i think from a different day? honestly not 100%

i hope to have more fun for this truck in the future.
it currently has a couple tiny things that i need to address, but time and money are a huge *****.

·
Premium Member
12,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its been a little bit since i have paid it any attention really at all.
i washed it yesterday and did a little maintenance mod.
heres before clay

heres after

100% still a novice when it comes to detailing, but im overall happy with a wash and clay and spray wax.

i also tossed on a rear diff cover from spicer and filled it up with some nice amsoil. it was neat to see the size difference from the frontier and how the electronic locker works. i need to get back under there, pull the wheels and shocks and do a few hours of prep work and paint it again. but for a couple minute power washer and some stiff bristled spin tool to rough it up i dont think it came out too bad.

still planing on doing the tcase and front diff soon, and spark plugs.
two things i need to address are the trans bell housing has some seapage, and after my last offroad outing my electric fan kicks on really really high now. i think i may just have dirt and grime in all my cooling fins i need to clear out.

·
Premium Member
6,433 Posts
Your Raptor is certainly a handsome truck. I'm real partial to that tan color and uber-wished Nissan offered it back when I ordered my '15.

Amsoil now has their diff fluid in ultra-tough squeeze bags (at no extra cost) eliminating the need for a manual pump. Though, it appears you likely have room to just pour it in?

·
Premium Member
12,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Your Raptor is certainly a handsome truck. I'm real partial to that tan color and uber-wished Nissan offered it back when I ordered my '15.

Amsoil now has their diff fluid in ultra-tough squeeze bags (at no extra cost) eliminating the need for a manual pump. Though, it appears you likely have room to just pour it in?
funny you mention that about the color, if by some miracle i can live poor enough for long enough im going to try to keep the frontier and paint the top portion the same color and the lower will be a rhino liner type deal.

i used the pump:( there was room, but the bottles are not friendly to use at all.
i am excited to try the bags on my next order.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts