Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I have a 2012 CC Frontier with the the factory RF, XM, & Bluetooth. The time has come to upgrade my head unit. I'm perfectly happy with the sound quality. But I don't want to loose anything when I upgrade. I know I can get the steering wheel adapter to keep those controls and the new radio has Bluetooth & XM.

I am torn between the Kenwood-DDX9703S or Pioneer AVH-4200NEX. Both look like great units and will do everything I want. Any feedback on either?

Also I know there is an adapter to use my factory XM antenna, but I can't find the link on here. Anyone have a link to that? Also do I need an extension as well or just the adapter?

Anything else I will need or am missing? I'm looking to get this done in the next week or two. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Those both seem like great head units. I opted my money towards the amp, sub / enclosure, and speakers. I went with a lower or mid Pioneer unit. The stock RF with the sunroof and windows open was lacking in power.

Pretty pleased with my set up now. Also adding Dynamat Xtreme may help your sound quality too. All depends on what type of sound you are after.

You can find kits on Crutchfield (Steering wheel controls, wiring harness, and dash kit) when you add the head unit in the cart(kit options pop up). I cheaped out and found all of these items a few bucks cheaper here and there on Amazon (Prime) and Best Buy.

The XM adapter can be found on Amazon though I rarely use it......my Ipod Touch gets the most use.

Good luck in your search.

·
Premium Member
569 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Since both head units have the 4 volt pre-out, should there be any issues with using the factory Rockford speakers, sub, & amp?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts