Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bad habit of bouncing around from vehicle to vehicle and have owned a lot of fun rigs over the years but I always missed my xterra I had years ago so I saw a deal on this truck a scooped it up . I was Plannning to do a lot of the same things I did on the xterra , minimal lift ,35s ect ect but I’ve decided to probably just go 33s and put a camper on it and just get out more

Car Land vehicle Snow Vehicle Tire

Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wanted a simple sleeping setup that could be Removed if needed and I just so happen to lick out and found a sheet of 3/4 inch plywood in the back of the warehouse at work even had some piano hinges on it . I cut down and routered and sanded the edges of some hardwood super smooth to fit inside the tracks on the bed and with a good coating of paste wax it slides in and out like butter . I can choose from flat , couch mode and storage mode . I going to be using a futon mattress so I can just roll it up with sleeping stuff on it and fold the sleeping tray on top to give another spot to store things if needed . With the scraps I made a mock up of the side boxes . To make it a sleepable area I’m gonna try out this canopy tent thing
Vehicle Car Automotive tire Fixture Motor vehicle

Rectangle Wood Gas Font Tints and shades

Hood Automotive lighting Vehicle Grille Automotive exterior

Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Trunk Bumper

Automotive lighting Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Grille

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

· Registered
17 Posts

· Registered
1,076 Posts
The slide out extenda bed is genius !!!
P.S. I you have not already purchased the DAC topper/camper shell tent extender thing there is another higher in quality brand / more expensive one ..The Topper EZ Lift "Nomad"
Link is here:

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The slide out extenda bed is genius !!!
P.S. I you have not already purchased the DAC topper/camper shell tent extender thing there is another higher in quality brand / more expensive one ..The Topper EZ Lift "Nomad"
Link is here:
I like everything about the ez topper setup other than the price tag

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not super stoked about how the light bar looks but I had to move it from the middle of the bumper so I could access the winch clutch and control box . Might replace it with some round lights down the road but for now it lights up the road so good enough for me . Next on the check list a diy pop top camper …… maybe .
Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Wheel Car

Automotive parking light Car Automotive side marker light Land vehicle Vehicle

· Registered
1,076 Posts
You might already know this ...but just in case you dont...you can "clock" your winch to make it easier to reach the winch clutch handle.
Just google: clock your winch.

· Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You might already know this ...but just in case you dont...you can "clock" your winch to make it easier to reach the winch clutch handle.
Just google: clock your winch.
I have no problem accessing it now but if I would have left the light bar where I originally had it mounted it blocks the winch completely
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Vehicle

1 - 16 of 16 Posts