Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great truck, poor sound system. Just finished 100% strip interior and covered all with dynamat extreme sound deadening material. Took 3 bulk kits to complete. Installed Sony RSX-9gs head unit, 2-Hertz 4 channel amps, 1 under each seat along with an audio control 6xs and a 4 way crossover under the other one. Jl audio 6x9 mid bass driver in front doors, 3" Altec Lansing mids in dash and 28mm silk dome tweeters in A-pillars, for a 3 way active front stage and have a set of Polk audio components in rear doors. For a sub I took stock RF enclosure and modified it so a Sundown Audio SD-2 8" would fit and had the required .33 cubic ft per the company rep and carpeted it with a custom handmade grill. Powered with a pioneer mono block amp. Now it has a premium sound system worthy of factory prices. Truck is 100% quieter than stock, feels and sounds better on rough roads (nothing rattles and no road noise) and the little factory sub box absolutely pounds out the base like nobody can believe. Every person that I talked to said it won't fit, it won't work and it will look like ****. For about 250 bucks and a little bit of time, it works and very well. It's unbelievable the amount of deep low bass that comes out of that tiny little enclosure.

Attachments

·
Vendor
2,796 Posts
Hi and welcome aboard! Thanks for joining us and showing your truck - you're doing great job on it. There is a ton of information about our platform with supporting vendors who can get you where you want to go. Enjoy your time here!

·
Premium Member
569 Posts
Welcome to CF - was considering doing the entire interior with Dynamat Xtreme and Dynaliner. I bet the roof was a pain due to the headliner and unable to remove without removing the rear glass.

I did my doors and pretty pleased with the results.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts