Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there an easy way to unscrew and then re-screw the bolt that is located at the front under the airbox? I was able to get it undone, but it took me forever. Getting it back torqued down is another story. I am just an idiot?

·
Premium Member
5,875 Posts
Is there an easy way to unscrew and then re-screw the bolt that is located at the front under the airbox? I was able to get it undone, but it took me forever. Getting it back torqued down is another story. I am just an idiot?
Are you talking about the one under the air filter? I'm not sure if 2012 is the same as my 2014 (I'm guessing it has to be though), when I ever remove the factory air box I only do two things that require tools:

1. Loosen intake hose clamp with a screwdriver
2. Remove 10mm bolt at the fender where the airbox attaches

Then I slide the intake hose off, unplug the sensor harness, and pull the whole airbox straight up. The lower bolt has a rubber grommet around it, allowing the airbox to just pop out with some muscle. The bolt and grommet stays attached to the chassis. After looking at it closer, I'm betting this is by design.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I took the lower half of the air box out. It had a bunch of grim in it, so i wiped it out. Getting the lower/front bolt back in has proven too much for me. I thought somebody else may have encountered the same issue and have a tip.

·
Premium Member
5,875 Posts
I took the lower half of the air box out. It had a bunch of grim in it, so i wiped it out. Getting the lower/front bolt back in has proven too much for me. I thought somebody else may have encountered the same issue and have a tip.
I guess I wasn't clear... you can put the lower bolt back onto the chassis WITHOUT the lower half of the airbox. Thread it back in, tighten it up, and then you can drop the lower half of the airbox back in and pop it onto the lower bolt grommet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts