Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I have a 2012 Nissan Frontier 6 speed with the 266 rear end. I'm going to be replacing my rear diff cover with a new Mag-Hytec diff cover hopefully next week. I already bough a small 3/8 torque wrench from HF, and I'm hoping it's a pretty easy swap. I have 2 questions for you guys though, hopefully easy too. The first, is my emergency brake bracket attached to the stock rear diff cover? If it is attached, I need to replace the brake bracket, and try to ask Mag-Hytec for one since they supposedly give them for free if you can show proof of purchase. If not plan B would be make one, it looks like a little piece of metal bent 90 degrees. The second question is how much gear oil do I put in the rear diff with the new cover? I know the new cover is larger, thus increasing the volume of fluid to keep the gears submerged in gear oil, but anyone have a close number? I've heard numbers ranging all over the place from these forums.

Any help would be appreciated, looking forward to warmer weather, this has been a long winter, especially in the Northeast.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts