Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say hello. I'm not even a Frontier owner yet, but my truck is supposed to be here (shipped via flatbed) on Wed. Had a heck of a time getting a red Pro-4x King Cab 4x4 here.

My current vehicle is a 2003 Chevy S10 ZR2 that I bought new. That truck was quite a beast off-road. I'll miss it, but on the other hand I'm anxious to get the Nissan. I've had a lot of GM trucks and the bodies and engines have lasted forever, but I definitely liked the Nissan more than the 2010 GM trucks. Hopefully the Nissan holds up to all my abuse as well!

·
Super Moderator
11,063 Posts
Welcome, I hope it exceeds your expectations.

Clint

·
Super Moderator
11,063 Posts
Congrats! It looks great and your Nikon takes a great picture. I'm looking at the D5000.

Clint

·
Registered
843 Posts
Welcome and congrats on a great looking truck.

If you don't mind me asking, what kind of deal did they cut you on the pro-4x.

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the forum. I also got a Pro-4X and so far I love it. Looked at the Tacoma's, but I'm glad I stayed with the Frontier. I think you'll be impressed with your new truck.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Welcome, brother! I have been on this forum since 2004 when I bought my first '99 frontier. Still have it and recently bought an '06 because I was so happy with the product. ANYTHING you want to know about your new truck you can find here.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
cost

In reply to the question about my cost, I was an incredibly small amount over invoice, something like $10, before negotiating a few other things. I did take the 2000 rebate and that was taken off after the above deal. I had to get the car shipped on flatbed from another dealer two states away. I started out having to pay 800 for that, negotiated down to 350, and have yet to be charged for that. I negotiated my trade separately and was over 7K for that, higher than book so I was ok with that, especially knowing the truck had a lot of routine stuff coming up like brakes, tires, etc. I think the price was just over 24k, before the rebate and before the trade. I didn't have much more room to bargain because there were two vehicles in the midwest that were what I wanted, and one sold while we were in the middle of negotiating delivery. MSRP was almost 30K, because the one I bought had the hitch, bed extender, and carpeted mats which added a bit. I went off the truecar.com price among others during negotiations and I was slightly below the "great" price they showed. No idea if that was really good or not, but at that point with everything else, it was reasonable for me.

Oh, I know they always say the extended warranty isn't worth it, but I got it. 6yr/75k bumper to bumper. Just wanted to be able to hold onto the truck as long as possible without worrying about expenses, especially electrical and stuff like that which tends to go after the regular warranty.

·
Super Moderator
11,063 Posts
What did they charge for the warranty and is it a Nissan waranty?
As long as you're satisfied with the price you paid, that's all that matters.
You got the truck you wanted so that makes it worth it. Enjoy it.

Clint

·
Premium Member
1,765 Posts
That's a great looking truck right there. Welcome to the club.

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
not a huge fan of red myself, but your truck looks really good, welcome to the club

·
Registered
14 Posts
welcome! i also traded in a zr2 when i got my frontier. i didn't think any vehicle would be able to replace the ruggedness and torquiness of my zr2, and i have always been a die-hard chevy guy, but the frontier has exceeded all of my expectations. i hope you are just as happy with yours!

that color is sick, especially with the color-matched front bumper. good-looking truck!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
waranty

1100. I paid for it outright rather than roll it into the loan! That's high compared to some I paid for in the past, but considering I hadn't bought a vehicle I didn't know and I really didn't want to bother shopping around. Considering it doubled the warranty and didn't have any significant loopholes, I thought it was worth it. I'll see how it goes but I'd kind of guess it to be about a wash or a slight loss if I only have problems with the usual stuff beyond the 3yr warranty, like 02 sensors and other typical check engine light type stuff. I'd probably only come out ahead if there was something pretty major, but I just don't like having a payment and not having the thing under warranty. A 3 yr loan certainly wasn't an option for me on this vehicle!

Almost forgot...don't even recall but I think it was a Nissan warranty. I have a road service card in my truck and I might have the info on there. I'm still waiting for the final paperwork.

Vern

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
extended warranty

Probably not the best place to post this, but since I already had mentioned the warranty here, I thought I'd update here. Once again the extended warranty has come through for me. At around 40K I had to take the truck in three times to get an issue fixed with emissions, including replacing the evap canister. Total cost, which was mostly labor, would have been about $900, and I paid $0. The base warranty for emissions ran out at 36k. Still haven't recovered my initial cost but this is why to me the extended warranty is worth it. Just not having that unexpected $900 charge was worth it to me, and I've still got more than 30K on the extended warranty to make up the rest of what I paid.

Also, as far as difficulties with getting payment, I really haven't had any. I take the truck to the dealer and they deal with getting the warranty approval. I had the three warranty visits over a couple months and in that time the person I dealt with at the dealership changed. The first person was excellent. I asked if things would be covered and he just said I don't have to worry about anything, that everything would be covered and I didn't need to think twice about anything. They also keep the records of the warranty so I never need to provide any paperwork. By the time I got around to the last repair, the new guy wasn't as good. He just made comments about having to get the approval, and not knowing what would be covered, but that was all. Not a big problem, but just seemed odd after having dealt with the first guy, that this guy would even doubt that something would be covered. Anyway, just wanted to let people know that I haven't had any horror stories with the warranty coverage, but it does seem to be that your satisfaction with the warranty may be at least as dependent on the dealership and their staff, as on the actual company behind the warranty.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts