Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,468 Posts
Welcome!
4X2 vs. 4X4 has many different opinions. From the cost difference to do you really need it, to gas mileage difference etc. Then there is the better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
I believe the majority here are not first time Nissan or Frontier buyers. I personally am on my fourth Frontier and have nothing negative to say about them. Other than a minor thing here or there, my vehicles rarely need to see the service department for repairs.
With the V6, I have had as high as 24.4 mpg on an all highway trip. Read through the posts, I feel most are happy with their purchase. There are also others who wouldn't be happy with anything they own. Some look so long and hard to find things wrong I don't even bother to respond to the posts. I've owned many different brands and am most happy with Nissan.

Clint

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome!
4X2 vs. 4X4 has many different opinions. From the cost difference to do you really need it, to gas mileage difference etc. Then there is the better to have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
I believe the majority here are not first time Nissan or Frontier buyers. I personally am on my fourth Frontier and have nothing negative to say about them. Other than a minor thing here or there, my vehicles rarely need to see the service department for repairs.
With the V6, I have had as high as 24.4 mpg on an all highway trip. Read through the posts, I feel most are happy with their purchase. There are also others who wouldn't be happy with anything they own. Some look so long and hard to find things wrong I don't even bother to respond to the posts. I've owned many different brands and am most happy with Nissan.

Clint
Few questions for someone:

- I plan to do some trail driving and occasional steep trail driving must mostly regular commuter use and light off road driving however I also have a boat that I will need to pull out of the lake. Do you think a locking 2x4 or a 4x4 is best suitable?

- Have you experienced / heard anything regarding the 05-07 frontiers having a problem with the radiator fluid leaking into the tranny on the autos?

- Im looking for a coilover lift setup. Do you recommend any brands of shocks struts or a package set IE: Titan swap? Can you offer a website or link with a full kit for a coil lift?

Thank you.

·
Super Moderator
12,468 Posts
I tow a utilty trailer and the truck tows fine. When I had my boat I tried it in two wheel and spun a little but in four wheel it was way better.
Some here had the issue with the trans fluid getting contaminated by the radiator failure, and don't know how you would know if it could happen with a used truck. Some do a bypass but I think the heat from the engine is necessary for the trans in cold weather.
As far as a lift goes, I'll leave it to the experts here in the forums.

Clint

·
Registered
578 Posts
if i were you id definitely get a 4x4

·
Premium Member
1,011 Posts

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
yea definitely get the 4x4. it's pretty hard to add it later on 2nd gens if you want to compared to 1st gens where it is at least possible and has been done. welcome to the site :thumbsup:

·
Registered
578 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.