Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have a 2010 Frontier and while talking to the dealer about what a lift kit would do to my warranty, they stated that I can’t put a lift on the Frontier. The reason was that the changed geometry would cause the VDC (Vehicle Dynamic Control – which is a stability control system I believe – I still need to look it up) sensors to trip while turning. This in turn would cause the ABS system to engage according to the dealer making the vehicle unsafe to drive.

This sounds suspect to me since I think the VDC is not new to the 2010 model and many of you already have lifts on you Frontiers. Is my dealer smoking? :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Yea your dealer is blowing smoke up your ***. I personally havent had any problems with my truck. You shouldnt run into any problems like they are describing with a spacer lift

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
:laugh: i woulda started laughing and turn around to walk out, what a joke.

thats prolly the best dealer story ive heard

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
the vdc works off of a G sensor, steering wheel position sensor, and the wheel speed sensors none of which are adversely effected by a lift. x2 on the turn around laughing cause that is the biggest pile of crap i've heard about that. when it comes down to it if you put on a lift and say your tranny blows or your rear end blows they have to prove that it was the lift itself that caused it before they can deny you warranty on any of it. don't waste your time trying to ask them about it cause you'll never get a real answer about it.

·
Registered
660 Posts
the vdc works off of a G sensor, steering wheel position sensor, and the wheel speed sensors none of which are adversely effected by a lift. x2 on the turn around laughing cause that is the biggest pile of crap i've heard about that. when it comes down to it if you put on a lift and say your tranny blows or your rear end blows they have to prove that it was the lift itself that caused it before they can deny you warranty on any of it. don't waste your time trying to ask them about it cause you'll never get a real answer about it.
X2 it must be proven or atleast very obvious whatever you added was the culprit of it. I remember once I was telling one of the service guys the eventual plans i had on my truck. It was a very good day, he said warranty would be voided and i actually told him that he must prove whatever i did caused it. his face was priceless. :laugh: also i think umm..back in not sure who maybe brutal had the exact paper or website that literally stated it had to be proven and such to void warranty

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts