Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well its up there and i built my truck, funny thing is with the 3.9%APR and what I can get for trade in, my payment would go down $30.

Hmmm do i trade in my 07 for a 10 or not, that is the question.

·
Premium Member
1,172 Posts
I say no... there's nothing special about the 2010 from what I can see from a quick glance, and if you're 07 is still serving you well then why trade it in? You could end up with a bad one, and at this point it sounds like you have some equity in your truck so why go and tack on more debt just to get $30 more a month of spending money? If you're hell bent on getting rid of the 07 for some reason (maybe you like the dash on the 09+ or something) then I would find an 09 and haggle a good deal for that one... hopefully you would be able to get a better deal than with a 2010 and you could lessen some of the financial damage.

By the way, did you lease or buy the truck you have now?

·
Super Moderator
12,702 Posts
well its up there and i built my truck, funny thing is with the 3.9%APR and what I can get for trade in, my payment would go down $30.

Hmmm do i trade in my 07 for a 10 or not, that is the question.
Go for it, if you can find one you like.

I just went and configured a Frontier also.
Funny, but I guess I never realized you couldn't get an LE with a manual tranny.

·
Registered
578 Posts
your insurance will be more

·
Registered
293 Posts
If your 07 is treating you good and you still have warranty or can extend it, why bother trading in? Unless you are wanting to upgrade to a pro 4 or cc instead of kc or what have you.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I say no... there's nothing special about the 2010 from what I can see from a quick glance, and if you're 07 is still serving you well then why trade it in? You could end up with a bad one, and at this point it sounds like you have some equity in your truck so why go and tack on more debt just to get $30 more a month of spending money? If you're hell bent on getting rid of the 07 for some reason (maybe you like the dash on the 09+ or something) then I would find an 09 and haggle a good deal for that one... hopefully you would be able to get a better deal than with a 2010 and you could lessen some of the financial damage.

By the way, did you lease or buy the truck you have now?
Shame on you. Nissan doesn't build bad ones.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I seem to only keep vehicles for 2 and half years. I traded in my 04 Frontier in that time period, paid 21800 for it and got 18,000 for trade in. only had 11,000 left on it.

Since we just bought a new maxima in 08 i guess I will have to wait.

We paid the maxima off in 1 year 1 day from getting it. So I am going to wait till i pay off the fronty.

·
Registered
100 Posts
another reason that you dont want to trade in the old one is that if you still owe (for simple math sakes) 10 k on the old one and they only give you 7 k trade in you have to finance the additional 3 k onto the new truck which may cost 33 k then you drive it off the lot and it's only worth 28 k but you owe 36 k on it. Now your upside down on your auto loan. better to just save the $ and pay off the one you have, get out of debt and then you can afford cool stuff like lift kits.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
another reason that you dont want to trade in the old one is that if you still owe (for simple math sakes) 10 k on the old one and they only give you 7 k trade in you have to finance the additional 3 k onto the new truck which may cost 33 k then you drive it off the lot and it's only worth 28 k but you owe 36 k on it. Now your upside down on your auto loan. better to just save the $ and pay off the one you have, get out of debt and then you can afford cool stuff like lift kits.
not at all in the hole with my current truck. It is in excellent condition and only has 18,800 miles on it.

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
That is an excellent post. Perfect illustration of why you keep what you've got until it's paid for... Unless of course the dealer makes you the smokin' deal of the century and gives you more than you owe. Of course, the ability to pay for the truck and buy cool stuff like lift kits is always good too.

·
Registered
335 Posts
if youre like me and will always have a payment then why not get a new one. not because i have high miles, like yours mine only has 9k after 1 year.

i bet they would sell a lot more if they put the V8 in it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts