430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
4,593 Posts

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
I'm more excited by the prospect of 228hp (peak) and 406ft lbs torque at 1500rpm. Nice oil burner there.

Why in the hell does the pathfinder tow 1100lbs more than the navara though?

·
Registered
315 Posts
That face-lifted front end on the Navara (Looks like US 08+ Pathy) looks way nicer than the facelift the US Frontiers got last year. Also if they brought all those options, features to the US the Tacoma would no longer be king of mid-sized sales. I would trade my '08 in a heartbeat for all those features.

·
Registered
236 Posts
That face-lifted front end on the Navara (Looks like US 08+ Pathy) looks way nicer than the facelift the US Frontiers got last year. Also if they brought all those options, features to the US the Tacoma would no longer be king of mid-sized sales. I would trade my '08 in a heartbeat for all those features.
The question is how much will that new interior cost? If it takes the truck from a $20k to $30k it will fail hard.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Woww.. perty spiffy. Like what they did to the needles.

I really like the center dash design too... not the sh**load of buttons though!!

dash may as well look like

.. jk, it might not be that bad. But the way the LCD is in there looks real nice, wish my computer LCD install looked like that, right now it looks like:

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Still need to bring the diesel over here.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I wonder if those projector head lights on the Pathy will fit our Frontiers?

·
Premium Member
192 Posts
The question is how much will that new interior cost? If it takes the truck from a $20k to $30k it will fail hard.
For many folks, I'd say you're probably right. Those who have the XE and SE likely wouldn't bite at that price premium. There are some though, myself included in that list, who would pay for the extra options. This is the first truly "loaded" vehicle I have ever owned, and I plan on having it a good long time. When I was buying, if I would have had a pick between the LE and a "NE" (with the option of the 10 Navara), for a couple K more I woulda picked the Navara interior options in a heartbeat. Throw in that 3 litre diesel with those performance #'s and you've got truck nirvana.

·
Registered
271 Posts
VERY subtle changes, though I like the white instruments and the projector headlights. They need to bring the diesel here - I'd buy on in a heartbeat. I think they could have a serious niche sales success with that one. Nobody offers anything close in the US.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts