Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2010 2.5L 4cyl p0302, cylinder 2 missfire. Which cylinder is #2?

Thank you in advance.

Edit: I changed the ignition coils and spark plugs and I'm still getting Cylinder 2 Misfire code. Does anyone have an idea what could be causing it?

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
Second from the front of the truck.

·
Super Moderator
3,839 Posts
A lot of things can cause a misfire in a cylinder. You need to make sure your spark plug is getting spark to it. You have to make sure the #2 fuel injector is working and the ECM is "firing" it. You have to make sure you have good compression on cylinder #2.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
alot of things can cause a miss, but those wont set a code,only the coil will so check wiring-connector and confirm spark from new coil.

·
Super Moderator
3,839 Posts
alot of things can cause a miss, but those wont set a code,only the coil will so check wiring-connector and confirm spark from new coil.
Anything that can cause a misfire on cylinder #2 can cause a P0302 code.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
Kind of, only one sensor (crank speed) sets the code.but if its something other than ignition there will normally be other codes set with it.what you really need is more info from your scanner, do you have any freeze frame data stored,is the MIL flashing or solid,how many miles have you driven since replacing coil,MIL can take up to 40 miles to reset itself.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
okay I changed the injector. No more code, I let it run for 10 minutes still no code but it's still idling like crap. There's a very tiny bit of white smoke and I'm guessing water coming out of the exhaust. It doesn't smell like antifreeze.

·
Registered
2,206 Posts
drive it around for 30-35 min an see if idle smooths out,drips of water out exhaust is pretty normal,white smoke not so much.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Newer member here.

You may have already got your problem fixed, but here's a little tip for anyone reading this in the future looking up "misfire"

My '02 Frontier had a code that was "misfire"... can't remember what cylinder.

It was getting crappy mileage. Every now and then, on acceleration, it would buck and kick and act like it was wanting to shift between gears... which it wasn't.

I took it to a guy with his own shop, who has been a Nissan mechanic at a dealership for decades, but quit and started his own shop. I felt quite lucky to have him check it out.

Turns out it was the boot that slips over the top of the plug down in the head. It had a minute crack and was firing through the boot into the head.

New plug wires and it runs like a champ.

During this time, it was also throwing a "EGR" code of some number... and since that plug wire fix, that disappeared.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts