Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
Nissan should buy back the X for R&D work and give him a new X.

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Nissan should buy back the X for R&D work and give him a new X.
nah, not that many miles in the grand scheme of vehicles. Once it hit 300+, maybe. I've read some stuff on the VQ40 saying it can go 400k, but no idea if thats worth anything.

Honestly, I expect this motor to do this.

·
Registered
2020 Toyota 4runner TRDOR
4,593 Posts
I have no idea how many miles the drive train will go, but I really believe the drive train will outlast the rest of the truck.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I really believe the drive train will outlast the rest of the truck.
Really?

I guess its possible. As many of the issues people have had with timing chain guides, etc... nobody has really been left stranded. Take care of the little stuff (and bigger stuff) and I am sure these engines will keep going.

Tranny's... I dont think anyone has really had one completely fail without the assistance of the coolant leak.

Rear diffs leak but one could keep adding fluid and keep driving with a leaky rear axle.

Now for the exploding axles, thats a different story.

·
Super Moderator
11,179 Posts
I'd love to be able to post in here that I beat that mileage. I do have faith in Nissan. Even when something has had a hiccup, Nissan made it right without any argument.
One interesting point is with the MANY vehicles I've owned over the last 35 years, none have ever had a catastophic failure and left me high and dry.
I've owned Ford, Mercury, Buick, Pontiac, Chevrolet, Isuzu, Nissan, and overall they were all fine. It's all about how it's been maintained.

Clint

·
Registered
690 Posts
That is good to see but I don't see what the big deal is. 200K should be no problem for any newer vehicle on the road today unless it's abused.

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
I hope mine will go that far. But if my dealer's service dept. keeps giving me crappy service I won't know because it will be gone. :censor:

·
Registered
395 Posts
I'm only 60k behind him and at the rate I drive I'll be hitting 200k sometime in late 2011. I fully expect this truck to give me at least 250k before I think about trading in!

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm only 60k behind him and at the rate I drive I'll be hitting 200k sometime in late 2011. I fully expect this truck to give me at least 250k before I think about trading in!
Any big problems yet?

·
Registered
2020 Toyota 4runner TRDOR
4,593 Posts
Im at 156K on my gen 1. motor is strong, transmission is strong, but pretty much ever rubber component on the truck is dry rotting. Blew a $110 carrier bearing. Looking at $250 wheel bearing, rotors and brake pads, getting a few squeaks and rattles I hadn't figured out yet.
The thing is, the drive train can be maintained, the body you can only do so much with, the suspension, you just replace components.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts