Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a notice in the mail today that informs me that the torsion tube weld may be faulty..... could corrode over time and create a rattle noise.

nissan will " repair" the weld and apply a rust preventative....

....anyone else receive this or are familiar with it ??

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
^Yeah im in the dark as well

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hell guys i do not know, i just got this card in the mail....
it does say that my vehicle " may " have this condition....

they mention it will not harm frame rigidity but may rust pre maturely.....
i will talk to my local dealer and see if they can shed some light...

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Make sure to take pics.

·
Registered
227 Posts
yea pics for sure thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Got my letter yesterday also, I'm curious too.

Ed

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
My guess is it is the round frame member behind the rear axle.

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Scott's a site sponsor...

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok thanks,

the information did refer to it as a " service campaign "
not a recall..... only recall i can find for the 09s is something for the front air bags

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
My guess is it is the round frame member behind the rear axle.
^+1
Just the other day I was wondering if it was one of the reasons my bed dented the backside of the cab...

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hello everyone!

Yes, it's a service campaign. It applies to the 2009 Frontier and Xterra.

"A certain limited number of 2009 Frontier and Xterra vehicles may have a torsion tub that was welded out of specification. Over time, this issue may result in corrosion or cracking of the torsion tube and could lead to increased rattle noise. To remedy this potential condition, Nissan is conducting this service campaign to re-weld the torsion tube at no cost for parts or labor."

For those of you 2009 Frontier owners, give your local service writer a call to see if it applies to your vehicle. They will need your VIN number to verify.

Scott

And BTW -- Thanks to those of you that have been telling people about me on the forums!!! It means a lot to know we have your support!

·
Premium Member
229 Posts
^Ok, But we'd still like some pics if poss. and or a better description/where and what to look for. Sometimes crawling underneath is easier to do than getting a hold of a rep.

·
Registered
588 Posts
^Ok, But we'd still like some pics if poss. and or a better description/where and what to look for. Sometimes crawling underneath is easier to do than getting a hold of a rep.
Sorry, no pics for you.

Not sure what would be difficult about getting a hold of your local dealer service dept...you may want to find another dealer if that is an issue.

Or you can call 1-800-Nissan1 as well!

Scott

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Hello everyone!

Yes, it's a service campaign. It applies to the 2009 Frontier and Xterra.

"A certain limited number of 2009 Frontier and Xterra vehicles may have a torsion tub that was welded out of specification. Over time, this issue may result in corrosion or cracking of the torsion tube and could lead to increased rattle noise. To remedy this potential condition, Nissan is conducting this service campaign to re-weld the torsion tube at no cost for parts or labor."

For those of you 2009 Frontier owners, give your local service writer a call to see if it applies to your vehicle. They will need your VIN number to verify.

Scott

And BTW -- Thanks to those of you that have been telling people about me on the forums!!! It means a lot to know we have your support!
^No prob we take care of our own. :goodjob:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts