Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My father has a a 2009 Nissan Navara, silver, 4x4 Turbo Diesel 2.5L quad cab, right hand drive.

He recently scraped the side and damaged the fuel door. It turned out that the electronic fuel door release motor/solenoid is dead. I am here looking for information to get help on the replacement parts for this.

I am in the US. I have called some dealerships trying to source the parts for him, but they say the Frontier is a manual fuel door release.
I would love to be able to find a part number, or something so that I can find the replacement motor kit for this.

Does anyone have any idea of how to do this search for the replacement part? I cant find anything from google.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I believe the Thai built Nav's have a remote release (manual).

Spanish built dual cabs - you have to use the key to unlock the filler flap.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe the Thai built Nav's have a remote release (manual).

Spanish built dual cabs - you have to use the key to unlock the filler flap.
The Navara was built in Thailand. In Jamaica, the parts for the Navara was found under the Australian category.
The fuel door release is a solenoid that goes back when you press the button (electric) and opens the door. It is screwed into the body of the truck, right behind the fuel door opening. The part had "made in china" written on it.

The magnets inside the solenoid are broken, so the only way to open the fuel door right now is to manually reach up under the side of the truck, behind the fuel door and pull the solenoid back.

I would like to find a dealership in a country which I could contact to get a price quote for this part, or even a part number or something so that I can order a replacement solenoid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts