Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
8,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Holy Crap, got my license plate renewal in the mail today.
$350............Here is the Break down.

Reg. Fee........................$56
License Fee....................$188
Weight Fee.....................$80
Special Plate....................$0
County/Districk Fees.........$6
Owner Responsibility Fee..$0
Smog Abatement Fee.......$20

Which equals.................=$350

Holy Crap, It was only $274 Last year.

2008 License Plate Renewal

Reg. Fee.............................$44
License Fee.........................$124
Weight Fee..........................$80
Special Plate Fee..................$0
County/Districk.....................$6
Owner Responsibility Fee.......$0
Smog Abatement Fee............$20

Which equals........................$274
This is FREAKIN CRAZY!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
mine was $200 for the truck plus the $55 for the smog cert, and three hundred somethin for the bimmer. it sucks.

·
Registered
144 Posts
In California, your truck is automatically registered as a "commercial vehicle" so you pay more immediately. Then Mr. Scwarzenegger decided to up the renewal fees on all vehicles to get "us" out of debt while the big shots drive government cars, using government credit card, to buy gas, so they can go to the grocery store and park at home, while getting per diem.

The People's Republic of China California.

·
Registered
321 Posts
yea i noticed the same same thing....registration went up...WHO VOTED FOR ARNOLD? I KNOW I DIDNT! I HATE IT!!!...its stupid!!!! but yea GOTTA LOVE CALIFORNIA!!!

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
Mine was $217 to renew it. I got charged a late fee and other things. So yeah....

·
Banned
6,781 Posts
IDK, some things are worth paying for...

I really hate getting reamed with DMV fees; but I would hate not living here a lot more.
Thats why im moving back to Daytona Beach. So i can be near the ocean. Its just something about it that makes you feel alive. Good pic by the way :thumbsup:

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
terrible is right, i could not move away from the ocean.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
cali is the 8th largest economy in the world... and its attached to a country that isn't doing so well at the moment. things are expensive.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Maybe if they'd stop taxing the crap out of people, the top income earners (those who pay a majority of the state income tax) would stop leaving the state. What is there these days, ~10-11% for top earners? I heard they want to raise it again. 0% in my home state of FL, and 0% in my current state of TX.

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
oh i know, its retarded. lots of things are backwards in this state.

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
yeah that 0.25% when di(k weed came into office don't look too bad now. Then we would still have state parks, and not be billions in the red. Or be paying billions in interest for the years he wouldn't sign a budget.

What we rolled up old Grey for like 100 million:laugh:

Oh and don't forget the money he stole from the OHV parks:comphead:

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
yea i noticed the same same thing....registration went up...WHO VOTED FOR ARNOLD? I KNOW I DIDNT! I HATE IT!!!...its stupid!!!! but yea GOTTA LOVE CALIFORNIA!!!
Y'all have something like a $42 Billion budget defict, right? Gotta pay for it all somehow. South Carolina's deficit is "only" $871 Million -- my daily driver is a '92 with 238,000 Miles and its fees jumped $80 I think.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts