Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Nice shots for sure! Were most of those guys pro? Or was it an amateur comp?
Both. A bunch of pros were invited, and most of them showed up. Cam McCaul couldn't make it because he broke his collarbone, but his little brother Tyler came. Paul Basagoitia, Aaron Chase, and Jordie Lunn all showed up. (You see those guys in MTB movies all the time.) Brandon Semenuk ended up taking home the Claymore.
There were 2 dates over the summer where amateurs could qualify to be able to ride in the competition. There were 2 local kids who totally rocked the mountain. One of them was throwing down pretty hard...720 tail whip into a 360 off the house into a superman backflip off of the giant step-up gap at the bottom of the hill. People were going CRAZY when this kid was taking his runs.

Brandon Semenuk's 1st place run:
Freecaster.tv: MTB - Claymore Challenge: 1st Brandon Semenuk
Greg Watts' 2nd place run:
Freecaster.tv: MTB - Claymore Challenge: 2nd Greg Watts
Basagoitia's 3rd place run:
Freecaster.tv: MTB - Claymore Challenge: 3rd Paul Basagoitia

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Very nice.
Must
get
to
bike
park
now.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice.
Must
get
to
bike
park
now.
Dude, I know what you mean. I'm going to Cape May for vacation with the family this year, and I want to hit up Diablo because I've never been there.

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
Yeah, I have been an avid rider for 6 years now, and have never hit a park. I have a 6" travel bike and friends headed to pajarito in Sept...will most likely go then. Trying to squeeze out a quick run to Denver mid-August too...

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm definitely a fan of the Mccaul brothers and Paul Bas. I've got to buy another DJ bike now. I totally regret selling my P3:(
I'd suggest a Rocky Mountain Flow.

Yeah, Cam McCaul is such a goofball, and this is the first time I've seen his brother ride. I was at the top of the mountain by the cannon, and Tyler was standing right next to me at one point. The kid looks and acts JUST like Cam.

I remember the video of Paul Bas where he's like "I guess I just beat a lot of big people, but I don't really know anyone...and I'd like to thank my sponsors, but I don't have any." :laugh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts