Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parked my 09 next to another second-gen tonight, but I dont see much difference. Is there a list of everything that was "refreshed" for 09

or even a list that describes the year by year changes from 05 onwards

sorry, search didnt bring much up....

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
I believe that there where changes in the front end, and headlights for 09.

There really haven't been a lot of changes from 05, mostly cosmetic.

Someone else probably knows way more about the differences than I do.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I believe that there where changes in the front end, and headlights for 09.

There really haven't been a lot of changes from 05, mostly cosmetic.

Someone else probably knows way more about the differences than I do.
I know the bumper has changed slightly. I was going to buy a bull bar off a guy in here (can't remember who now) who had it on a 2006 (or so) and called the manufacturer and they said it wouldn't fit the 2009 because Nissan tweeked the bumper position.

The headlights may be slightly different (not sure), but they still take the 55w 9007 bulbs (I just put a pair of PIAAs in).

·
Registered
857 Posts
head lights are slightly differnt, the location of the turn signal basically changed

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, I looked through all the changes and they dont really apply to my XE besides the front and rear bumper.

What's the point of doing a refresh when you can barley notice the diff. With Honda/Mazda etc, a mid-life refresh is usually more obvious.

the new wheels are nice, would like to upgrade from the 16'' steelies currently sporting around

·
Registered
69 Posts
they got rid of the chrome on the nismo/pro 4x. bumpers and mirrors are now body colour. the 09 has an aux port for the stereo (i think that is new) other than that it isn't much of a change i don't think.

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
they got rid of the chrome on the nismo/pro 4x. bumpers and mirrors are now body colour. the 09 has an aux port for the stereo (i think that is new) other than that it isn't much of a change i don't think.
nope, aux input has been on the truck since 07(comes with the upgraded radio) i believe. LE's now have the chrome bumpers(glad i have an 05 i hate chrome) the design of the dash is different, radio is now integrated into the center section, and rims are different on the LE not sure about the other models.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts