Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I drive a 2008 Frontier SE 4x4 V6, manual transmission. If I hop in the truck, drive 10 minutes, and shut it off, it won't re-start for me. It turns over and the battery seems fine, but it won't fire up. This has happened a few times (including today). After about 30 minutes of sitting, it fires up. Based on the timing, I'm guessing the problem has something to do with temperature--like the truck is fine when cold or hot, but not when it's warm. I've taken it to two different mechanics (including a Nissan dealer) and they couldn't find anything wrong with the truck. Anyone else here ever had this problem and actually determined how to fix it? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
Seems like I’ve heard this problem before, can’t remember exactly what the problem was if they even found one. If I remember right..or at all..maybe the crankshaft position sensor. Might be somewhere to start reading up on.
BA87637F-F5E0-4C19-B77B-29888A66E886.png

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I appreciate the info, MiniDuti. The Nissan mechanic actually mentioned the crankshaft/camshaft sensors when I had it there, but was hesitant to replace them since they weren't throwing any codes. But I think my next move is to get those replaced and see if that fixes the problem. Again, thanks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
It definitely could be the crankshaft position sensor. I have heard of them not throwing a code. There pretty cheap so you might just want to try that.

Cam sensors - maybe - but they typically throw a code from everything I have read.

When you say it won't start - I assume you just crank and crank and no fire?

Have you tried any diagnostics? Fuel / spark / etc.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts