Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey-

I've got a stock 2008 Nismo 2WD KC. Truck sits fairly level right now - I measured 34.5" from the ground to top of front fender lip and 36" on the rear. So I'm thinking (well actually I've already ordered and scheduled install) about putting the Bilstein 5100's on the front and set them at 1.5" to level it out.

My question is: Bilstein lists the lift amounts, but I don't know if that's based on like a SE with the stock suspension, so I want some feedback from anyone that has put them on a Nismo. Will I get the lift listed, or is my stock Nismo already higher than a SE/LE? Waste of money? Don't want to go thru the install to have it roll out at exactly the same height, ya know?

Thanks in advance for any/all feedback

·
Registered
65 Posts
anyone?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Check this thread out it might help, Adjustable Bilsteins w/ Nismo Coils. I have a 2010
4x4 and it sits at 34" from ground to top edge of wheel well. In that thread it mentions that Nismo coils are taller but same spring rate. Check it out though.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have a nismo also, from my understanding the springs are longer. I havent done it, but in theory (if the coils are longer) when you put them on the new shock that remains the same, so any lift advertised/offered by the shock you should see

1 - 5 of 5 Posts