Nissan Frontier Forum banner

2008 Frontier 268K

6K views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  dh357 
#1 ·
My frontier just made 268,000 miles and still going strong.I am the original owner. So far I recently replaced my rear axle bearings and seal, valve cover gasket and spark plugs for the first time. Hope to get to 300K or will trade for the New 2021 Frontier, Great Truck.

#3 ·
Awesome!!

#6 ·
I've got an '06 Nismo with 328k as of right now. Bought it used four years ago with 176k.

My valve cover gaskets are showing signs of leaking so will have to change those out soon. Any tips you have on them? Replaced plugs back in Feb, from the manual it looks like after that it's just pull the bolts and off comes the covers.

Did you reuse the covers or replace? I've heard that the seals for the plug tubes are not replaceable and the entire cover has to be replaced if that's where it's leaking (mine isn't, just leaking around the edges).

#7 ·
I had to replace my leaking valve cover gaskets a while ago. The job is straight forward, but they do use some kind of silicone in the bent corners to hold the gasket in place, so it takes a while to scrape that out and clean the edge for the new gasket.

#12 ·
Only have 40,8xx and had it two weeks but for shiggles i wanna shoot for 300k.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.