Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am hoping someone can help me locate a part number for two screens located under the variable valve timing solenoid and behind the upper secondary tensioners (See Picture). We are in the middle of replacing the timing chain at 167k and when my mechanic pulled the tensioners he found them brittle and one has a hole in the screen. I cannot find it on the factory blow out charts. Can anyone give me a part number or tell me where I can get a replacement? My son is without his ride and we really need to finish this job soon! This is stopping us from putting it all back together. Thanks in advance! I did a search on google, here and everywhere for VVT Screen, but only find them for other vehicle types.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
For the benefit of others. We searched VVT Screen and Variable Valve Timing Screen, as well as for the VVT Solenoid Screen and many other ways. Could not find the part anywhere. Finally I called my local Nissan dealers parts department today and spent an hour or so with the parts guy. He asked the service guys who said it was the VVT Solenoid screen. I said, no! It was behind the secondary tensioners on the top of the motor by the cams, but behind the tensioners! He eventually called Nissan and they said that this is an optional part and was removed from the catalog. So, its not needed, you can put it together without it. Wish they would note the catalog instead of just deleting the parts LOL. Hope this helps others in the future!

·
Registered
590 Posts
Those filters/screens are absolutely required. They come with the tensioners on the frontiers.
You can use 370z screens if you don't want the whole tensioner, #15200-EY00A

1 - 3 of 3 Posts