Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi guys! I just decided to join this forum in order to get some help on some mods im looking to do on my frontier. Right now it has a 2.5" leveling kit by revtek, a 32" light bar in the bumper, a cold air intake, and an mbrp performance exhaust. Im looking into putting on a 2" body lift on top of my 2.5" leveling kit in hopes to fit 285/65R18 Mastercraft MXT or cooper discovery stt pro tires. Does anyone have any experience with this lift and can confirm I will be able to fit these tires?

Attachments

·
Rogue Admin
13,354 Posts
Welcome to the Club! I have a 2007 LE Crew Cab, though they only came with a long box up here in 2007. I had a levelling kit and a 2" BL with 285s no problem. You will need to remove the front plastic valence and also probably your front mud flaps, perhaps heat and mold the inner fender liner a bit

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome to the Club! I have a 2007 LE Crew Cab, though they only came with a long box up here in 2007. I had a levelling kit and a 2" BL with 285s no problem. You will need to remove the front plastic valence and also probably your front mud flaps, perhaps heat and mold the inner fender liner a bit
Zedbra,

Do you have any suggestions or tips on the brand/installation of the 2" body lift? Im considering the 4x4parts kit (4x4 Parts - Frontier 2 Inch Body Lift BLACFRT2BL - Your #1 Source for Nissan Aftermarket Parts!). Did you experience any steering differences? I know a steering shaft extention is recommended, did you install one?

·
Rogue Admin
13,354 Posts
Zedbra,

Do you have any suggestions or tips on the brand/installation of the 2" body lift? Im considering the 4x4parts kit (4x4 Parts - Frontier 2 Inch Body Lift BLACFRT2BL - Your #1 Source for Nissan Aftermarket Parts!). Did you experience any steering differences? I know a steering shaft extention is recommended, did you install one?
I made my own body lift kit - I bought the different sizes of UHMW, cut them all, drilled them all out, then bought the hardware needed. I have heard good things about the 4x4 Parts kit - it has all you need. No, I did not add an extension on my steering; that seems to be a hit or miss between trucks - some need it, some others (like mine) didn't. I liked the feel of the steering wheel better after the body lift, to be honest. Easy mod to do.

·
Vendor
2,584 Posts
Hello and welcome to the club! Thanks for joining us and showing your Frontier - it looks great. A lot of good info here regarding mods in case you are thinking of doing any. Check out some of the garages and you may get some ideas. Good luck with all your plans and keep us posted!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts