Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I bought my 2007 Nissan Frontier used last May 2015 with about 95,000 miles on it.

It has been a great truck and I got a great deal by buying it a the lot that I did since it is their policy to not put a bad car or truck on the road from them. I also negotiated a extended warranty and they "threw in" a Power Train 24 month 0r 24,000 miles.

They changed the tires and battery out since they were over two years old.
They also changed wiper blades, flush radiator, oil, and transmission fluid and filter.
And they do a 100 point inspection and top off rear end (if it passes)grease joints (if it has them) windshield fluid top off, check brakes and top master cylinder as needed.

The Frontier has been great so far the 7000 miles I put on her and we only had to small problems. One was the driver side power window mechanize went bad and the other was the TPMS are old and the batteries died.
I paid $120 to fix window and said to hell with TPMS.
Since all other fluids were good I had 2 oil changes and the last one was around the first of August. The place is family to me and my cars and very dependable so they also did a check on everything and rotated the tires.
On Thursday of that same week while going up a over pass the truck was doing about 50 mph and all of a sudden the truck lost all power and the tranny shifted down on gear , two gears, three gears , tachometer shows revs near 6000 rpm and still no power. Finally make it to the top and coast down the other side a ways but now gears or power at all.

Got news last week it was the Transmission Pump, and it does not pump fluid so it trashed the transmission completely.
Thank God I negotiated for the drive train warranty last year.
Friday I got word they were going to replace it, and on Monday they ordered an new replacement one from the Nissan Dealer to swap out mine. Wednesday I found out the tranny is waiting for them at the shop and should take about 7 hours labor. Maybe it will be ready by Friday. ~Richard

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
this all sounds like a win win. i would ask them to put a new radiator in it as well.
Radiator is not considered a powertrain part so no new radiator.
~Richard

1 - 4 of 4 Posts