Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
PLEASE HELP!! I have 2006 Nissan Frontier V6 Im trying to remove the water pump but it seems to be attached to more that what the books says holds it in place. The 2 screws that are supposed to back the water pump out will not and did not do as described in manual. What would hold the water in place and prevent removal. I seem to have broken a piece off the engine? I have never run into issues like this as I have worked on vehicles all my adult life? Does anyone know a trick or if I damaged something internal? Im paassed the point of taking it to a shop as I have half the engine taken apart.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same thing going on as well. What was your solution to the problem? I tried using a bearing separator to hopefully push it out no luck so far. I have also tried slide hammer, pry bar, 3 jaw and 2 jaw puller. Seems to be pretty seized up. I used a dremel tool with an end mill bit to remove some of the flange to get access to the first O-ring, however I did not notice that there was an additional chamfer behind that boring to hold it in place. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts