Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I have a 2006 Frontier 4.0L 6 spd I bought new. I travel a lot, so it only has 110k miles on it. I've been pretty good about keeping up with it. I changed all the fluids at 100k and replaced the timing chains and guides along with the alternator. Almost always use full synthetic oil.

Truck seems pretty sturdy, and I just read a guy hit a million miles in his 2007. I guess what I'm asking is, what should I watch out for and maybe replace to keep it on the road for the next 100k?

I noticed my gas mileage has dropped 3 mpg over the years to 17-18 on highway, is there something to replace there?

What about things like suspension parts? Axle seals?

Just curious what most guys experienced at the 100-200k range.

-G

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Over the last two years I have spent about $5k to keep my Frontier on the road. Most of the cost was in cats (all four) and a clutch. I have 126k miles and don't anticipate large cost repairs to appear soon. The largest I think would be the engine timing chain guides. Nissan has a program where they will pay some of this cost. You have already done this so it should not matter. I hope that my years of maintaining all the fluids and using Mobile 1 will pay dividends. There is nothing that I will want to do prospectively to keep my truck running. However I am always prepared for the $300-500 repair such as crank and cam sensors, ball joints, shocks, etc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I just traded my 2010 6 so with 129k because I believed what CT Nismo experienced was going to happen sooner or later plus was needing tires.
Besides plugs, I’d do the serpentine belt, shocks, check the brakes including the ebrake especially on a 6sp. When you do the rear brakes you’ll find out if you need to do the axle seals. Mine went at 100k and it was a 6sp with the m226 rear end. If you’re going to keep it I’d consider replacing all the hoses. There’s an excellent sticky in the DIY section. Was going down this path but decided to trade it and get a new one. When you changed fluids assume it included coolant and brake

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just traded my 2010 6 so with 129k because I believed what CT Nismo experienced was going to happen sooner or later plus was needing tires.
Besides plugs, I’d do the serpentine belt, shocks, check the brakes including the ebrake especially on a 6sp. When you do the rear brakes you’ll find out if you need to do the axle seals. Mine went at 100k and it was a 6sp with the m226 rear end. If you’re going to keep it I’d consider replacing all the hoses. There’s an excellent sticky in the DIY section. Was going down this path but decided to trade it and get a new one. When you changed fluids assume it included coolant and brake
Shocks, e brake, and hoses. Thanks. Will keep an eye on axle seals, brake replacement prob coming up soon. Will check DIY section. If it was wet, it got replaced:). Thanks for tips!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts