Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey so last year I got a 06 frontier and I need help doing some things, first of all I need help fixing my transmission issue. then I'm hoping someone could help me customize my truck, like swapping my auto transmission for a manual transmission. I'm curious what all I need to do and what problems might I run into. I'm in west Tx. please help me out :)

-Atalo

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't just get a new truck. I need to mod this one. I can overcome the issues. I just need guidance.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmm, I can't get a new vehicle unfortunately. So I need help modifying this one. What sort of electrical issues would I run into?

·
Premium Member
7,185 Posts
Um... why would you need to figure out your "transmission issue" if you plan on swapping it out anyways?

·
Premium Member
12,180 Posts
the bcm and wire harness for the trans would need changed. likely the ecu as well. or maybe flashed.
body harness change in the interior is likely as well. just a bunch of different wires going to different places for a manual.

its not impossible and you could probably swap the trans and make the truck move. but getting rid of all the codes, making everything work like the truck would have came from the factory is going to be the real long drawn out project.
if you have inspection of any kind i would not do this at all. you will for sure fail if you are mid swap when its time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you, hmm. Let's say I figure everything out and have a plan and everything necessary to complete the task, How long do you think it would take me to finish this from start to finish ? I appreciate you taking time to give me your 2 cents by the way. Do you have any suggestions on a type of Transmission that will improve performance ? Also I need Advice on avoiding the Issue these 06 Frontiers encounter with the Transmission/Transmission Cooler. Apparently over time the Coolant and Transmission Fluid begin to mix causing serious damage like the damage I have to mine. How this happens or where exactly, I don't know, but If you have any safe bets on how to avoid/fix this from happening again that would be awesome information. So far I rebuilt this transmission and replaced the Radiator and Transmission Cooler. But in any case I think it will last till the swap, just hoping this won't happen again with the swapped Transmission. ::smile::

1 - 8 of 8 Posts