Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The bed extender for my truck is missing a rubber foot and the parts diagrams don't show it as a separate part, am I better off just trying to find something that works at the hardware store? Also, I've always wondered what these clips connected to these straps are for, can anybody enlighten me? I'll attach photos.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
I would think some type of rubber foot from the hardware store might be an easier find...

As for the clips, I wrap the belts that connect to the tailgate latches (to hold the extender down) around them, then tuck the end of the belt under the clip when not using the extender. Keeps the belts from banging around...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I would think some type of rubber foot from the hardware store might be an easier find...

As for the clips, I wrap the belts that connect to the tailgate latches (to hold the extender down) around them, then tuck the end of the belt under the clip when not using the extender. Keeps the belts from banging around...
That's what I thought on the foot, but I assume I'll have to replace both as chances of finding one that matches the height is probably pretty slim. Thanks for the tip on the clips, I didn't realize they would actually clip into the tailgate latch, but now I see how they work!

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts