Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
2006 2.5L Frontier 120,000 miles

Well guys, havent been on here in a long time. Been super busy with work and life and just super content with my truck for a long time now. Still in love with this truck haha, kind of a love hate relationship sometimes.

Anyways, last month or so Ive been having issues. Its been having a pretty rough idle thats gotten worse and it threw a code for P0300. I did all the diagnosing myself, ended up replacing the plugs, checking coils, checking sensors, cleaning air filter, MAF, etc. The spark plugs were a pain in the arse to replace on this truck haha. Anyways, got it all back together and cleared the code and it came back and still having issues.

Took it to the nissan dealer, was there for a week, they took me round and round in circles said they did all this stuff, but really hadnt done anything yet. I took my truck back and they didnt end up charging me for all of it. Terrible service. No where closer to finding out what was wrong exactly.

So then, I take it to a really good mechanic who was highly recommended, great reviews, and seems very trustworthy. Within a day he had all sorts of info for me but still couldn't really figure it out.

What do you guys think I should do? Probably going to be buying a chevy 1500 to build a full long travel truck and actually have a V8. Will probably just be selling my truck as is for cheap. Over 3 or 4 grand probably in just the audio system, and lots more in everything else in and on the truck. 4.56 gears m226 with detroit truetrac, exhaust, bumpers, titan swap, radflos, wheels, tires, cst spindles, etc. Who in california wants to buy it?! hahaa.

Also, Ill have my doug thorley 2.5 ceramic coated headers for sale too. Dont think you can find those anymore. Got my custom cold air intake too off if anyone wants it local. Youll just have to extend the MAF wires. most everything else will just stay in the truck though.

Thoughts? Heres some more recent pictures since Ive been gone for some time. Also has the lovely nissan peeling paint next to the windshield. :frown:

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Premium Member
1,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Why not just have it fixed? Meaning replace the rings or what ever is wrong with it.
Whats your best guess on the cost and ease of doing that

·
Registered
18 Posts
code p0300

i have the same problem also 06 2.5 with 197,000 miles has a low idle and a miss leaks a lot of oil dont know where its going. did you get your problem fixed ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts