Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received a letter from Roush Industries and Nissan Technical Center North America telling me of an emissions test program on their 2005 models. It reads that vehicles will have their emissions tested for Nissan engineers to evaluate. Vehicles will be tested indoors on a dynamo meter and outdoors in normal driving conditions.

Incentives to participate include:
-Use of a late model Nissan during the program.
-Exchange of vehicles at convenient location to you
-$200 cash
-Replacement emissions parts based on test results
-Vehicle washed and tank filled before return

Normal program length is 1-2 weeks but can be longer. Vehicle will be safeguarded and fully insured by Roush Industries.

Have any other 2005 people received this?

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
I have an '05 and I have not heard about this either.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Yeah I agree, I'm not cool with anyone doing any kind of testing on my vehicle, let alone without me present. I have a hard time leaving my truck overnight with the Nissan dealer.

Just a thought....

incentives to participate include:
-Use of a late model Nissan during the program. : This likely means a Sentra or a Versa. They would have my blessing if it was a GT-R, 370Z, Maxima SV, Leaf, Nicely loaded Titan.

-Exchange of vehicles at convenient location to you: Again I don't think I could just wave my vehicle good by for a week and watch the guy drive away...
-$200 cash: Seriously, this is insulting (They are renting your truck) I would not take anything less than $800-$1000 They are also putting mileage on your truck.

-Replacement emissions parts based on test results: I would want them to extend my warranty to 10/ 100K miles since who knows what effect these experimental parts may have on our motor?
-Vehicle washed and tank filled before return: Full detail inside out would be great.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The program is for 2005 year only models, so I suppose this is not a widespread program and the letter was sent selectively, not randomly - probably from data pulled from dealerships to meet the program requirements.

I wouldn't mind participating for a good cause for Nissan.

I think the incentives for participating are fair enough.

My original warranty was 3y/36k all and 5y/60k power train, both of which are up (well, 4 months left on power train).

I don't have the program details - which I am sure I will receive after I mail in the return card indicating my intent to participate, but I am sure that any replacement emissions parts are not experimental and would be production parts already in use - with their own parts/labor warranty.

Whatever mileage they put on it in 1-2 weeks will likely be less than what I do already so that's fine with me.

Oh, slight correction to the original post - all testing is indoors, no outdoors.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts