2005 Rubicon 5000 OBO

2005 jeep rubicon
105k miles
Godfrey IL 62035
IL titled, SALVAGE
rolled over
manual transmission
rear locker

the motor does start and run, it is however knocking. im thinking it was running after it had finished rolling.

2 owner jeep, second owner purchased at 32k miles. extra set of wheels, wheel flares, back seats not pictured.

text is the easiest way to reach me. thanks a ton.
618-696-5647

·
Premium Member
12,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That thing did not hold up very well to the roll over?

Trail tested: FAILED.
hahaha yea. this one never even saw trails.
older woman owned it and she flipped it while driving down the road. i dont know exactly how honestly.

she bought it back from ins and i got roped into helping sell it.

i did however just find out her bottom dollar which i still think is high.
4000 firm!

for now.

·
Registered
549 Posts
I'm trying to work out a deal with my last boss to buy his 03 rubicon for 8K ish (around 5500US I think) but it runs and drive fine. 4 seems managable if the the axles (if it's a real rubicon it should have front and rear locking diffs and 4:10) are still good and the t-case is good (should be a rock trac 4:1) plus if the motor and trans are still working 4 could be close.

·
Registered
520 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm trying to work out a deal with my last boss to buy his 03 rubicon for 8K ish (around 5500US I think) but it runs and drive fine. 4 seems managable if the the axles (if it's a real rubicon it should have front and rear locking diffs and 4:10) are still good and the t-case is good (should be a rock trac 4:1) plus if the motor and trans are still working 4 could be close.
word, it is a real rubicon, although i dont know 100% if it has a front locker.
i believe the trans-tcase-bothaxles all should be ok hopefully.

the motor needs some attention, the lower end has a pretty serious knock.

im planning on getting out there over the next few weeks and at least getting it rolling under its own power and get crap cleaned up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts