Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started getting a squeeky revolving sound from my front right engine. I went to the dealer (1 hour drive) and the service rep said it was most likely the drive belt, but the problem was, that the drive warmed up the belt for better traction, so I couldn't reproduce the sound at the dealership. They told me that they have to hear the sound before they can repair it under warranty. I'm kind of in a bind now, because this week I'm having my exhaust and CAI installed, I'm affraid I'll go to the dealership to fix the belt and they'll void my warranty because I have the aftermarket upgrades. So basically, I'm goint to try and get my truck in for warranty repair before my parts come in for the install. Anyone else experience this problem?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Should I just tell the dealership that I am having the custom upgrades installed this week and state the case that the squeeky drive belt occurred before modificaiton?

Also, is it unreasonable to request the dealership to provide transportation 30miles roundtrip, to work and back, on the day of repair? After all, this seems like a service that should be provided.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
The dealership by law cannot void your warranty. Those items that you will be putting on your truck has nothing to do with the belt drive, the only thing I can see that would void your warranty is if you change your pulley setup, but they would have to prove that it caused this situation. Dont worry just let them fix it :D !

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Gfront!

I've already set up an appointment for tomorrow morning to have them take a look at it and fix it hopefully. So if all goes well, the truck will be repaired before I even get the CAI and exhaust installed. It's good to know that these mods don't void the base warranty though. I'll make sure to let everyone know how it goes.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well, I'm taking it to the dealership tomorrow, hopefully for repair. Last time I took it in, I couldn't get the noise to reproduce.

It kind of sucks to have a brand new truck and have the belt squeek on you, very annoying and major inconvenience to have to schedule a whole day around getting it fixed.

·
Registered
171 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
224 Posts
your service rep is not very helpful, how many mile u got in there, i work for a dealership(infinti) if it's under warranty we hear it or not, we just replace those belts, because sooner or later it will come back again for squeaking noise.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I've got 5800 miles on my truck. I took my truck to another dealership today and I am under the assumption that they are replacing the squeeky belt with a new one. Hopefully all will be well. Sounds like your dealership knows how to give great service.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Confirmed! The Nissan dealership has replaced my drive belt with a new one, hur-ray! The only sad thing now is that my custom mechanic shop won't receive my K&N CAI for another week, so now I have to wait two weeks for my performance upgrades. :cry: I can't wait until I get them installed so I can feel like this: :twisted:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Belt Squeek? May not be belt...

I got a 2005 SE (4.0L) in Aug 05 and started getting "the" squeek at about 1000 miles. In my case, it was NOT the belt, it was the power steering pump! Dealer replaced it under warranty. About 1200 miles later, same thing! Dealer said they never heard of the problem before but replaced it again. Then, one of their svc techs bought a 2005 SE, same guy who had worked on mine, and his too started "the" squeek.

To make long story short(er), Dealer notified Nissan. Nissan sent a team of 6 engineers here from Japan (I met them!). They took the two Frontiers and tested the heck out of them. They actually blew up the tech's pump on a test stand (out of eng!). Seems there is something wrong (no doubt!) with some of the pumps where the fluid gets so hot it literally boils and pressure explodes the pump. Nissan is working on a fix. Meanwhile, my truck is now 7 mos old and on its 4th!!!!! pump. Good thing it is warrantied!

Moral: if you're getting an under the hood squeek on right side, it may very well be the pump. If Dealer doesn't think so, tell them to double check with Nissan. Last week, Dealer said they now have "a dozen" they're tracking.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts