Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is my first post here but I'm impressed with the site. Lots of good info here I'll have to scrounge through at a later date.

Hopefully someone is a guru with the electrical system on this truck. I have an 05 Frontier and I installed an Infinity Basslink sub and amp. Couldn't do it the convential way with the RCA wires but had to splice into the front/rear speaker wires. In doing so I had to pull door panels and everything else out to get to the wires. I ended up disconected/reconnected the seat belts and I grounded the amp to the body via the bolt attaching the drivers seat to the floor. Everything works and sounds good but my air bag light is blinking intermintent. Did I short something out? Would disconnecting the passenger seat belt have anything to do with it since it has some kind of sensor attached to it? I really don't want to take it to Nissan since I know from experience how they love to void warrenties over mundane things. Is there a way to reset the system to get the light to stop blinking? Any help is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
The passenger front seat has sensors that detect how much weight is in it. Since you disconnected it, you will have to take it to the dealer to be calibrated.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is mostly accurate. I didn't mess with the passenger seat but I did go to Nissan and they said that once you disconnect the battery and take power away from the system you have to have the system reset...for a mere $44. I have trouble believing that but I guess I'll test that theory when it comes time to replace the battery.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Airbag Light

I have seen this problem mentioned on a couple of other sites. Here is a copy of the reset instructions.

Here is how to fix it.

1. Put the key in the ignition
2. Turn the key to the on position
3. Wait for the airbag light to turn off (8 seconds or so) as soon as the airbag light goes off turn the key to the off position.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 for a total of 3 times.
5. Turn the key to the on position, and the airbag light will blink a code.
6. Turn the key off and the light will return to normal next time you start the truck

Hope this helps . . .

·
Registered
5 Posts
Airbag Light Additional Information

Sorry, I should have included this in my first post to explain how it might have happened. . .

****What ever you do dont disconnect the plug that connects to the airbag light while the ignition is on***** if you do that like I did you will case a fault and your airbag light will flash all the time. Now heres the good part after freaking out I found a solution. You have to put the key in the ignition put it in the on position for 7 seconds remove the key for at least 3 seconds. Repeat those steps 3 times and the light should go away when you start the truck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts