Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine light has been on for a while with P0420 code. I noticed it was running rough and rescanned it to find it was throwing 12 more codes which involved the O2 heater circuit, so checked the fuse 10A fuse and it was blown and that solved the issue.

Then had the same issue again today and the same fuse was blown. Any ideas? 162k and O2 sensors may have never been replaced. Anything else I can do or anything else that might be blowing this fuse?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I had this exact problem on my 2005 Frontier. The previous owner gutted all 4 catalytic converters, and in doing so, he damaged one of the wiring for an O2 sensor. The protective sheathing over the wires hid the damage.

What I did was, created an adapter to use an ATC circuit breaker in place of that fuse. I also used a current clamp to measure the amount of current that was flowing through the O2 heater sensor fuse.

I disconnected all 4 sensors (front A/F sensors and rear O2 sensors). I would slowly connect each sensor (making sure the ignition is off when I did so).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts