Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 questions, I bought a 2005 Nissan Frontier Crew Cab 4x4 LE about 2 weeks ago, It was built in January 2005, It is the dark grey matallic color, the front bumper is paintes to match and the back bemper is chrome, Is this correct? and also on the roof of course it has the roof rack and sunroof, but my question is the 2 rain gutter rails that run from front windshield to back window, is there suppose to be a decorative trim piece in there, there is a small one in the back about 6 inches long on each one but is that it nothing up front, because mine look like ****, they have had self leveling seam sealer poured in them and they just dont look that great, and if nothing does go in them does somebody know aftermarket item that can go in there? Thanks

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Your colour is called storm grey. Yes the front bumper is supposed to be painted, and the rear chrome. I would consider trying to remove that seam sealer crap...how was that ever put in? Leaky roof? pictures always help

·
Registered
570 Posts
That's the way they come from the factory. doubt if you'll find anything in the aftermarket that will fit very well, but you may find something that can be adapted.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The rear bumpers on LEs were painted and not chrome. I looked long and hard for a LE with a rear chrome bumper back in 2005. I was told only the Off Road recieved the chrome bumpers in 05. There was no covering for the body side and roof seam where they are welded together. It was all sealer. This was the 1st year and not all of it was flawless. As long as it doesn't leak then there should be no problem. I have what looks like small pin holes in my but 4 years later I have never found any water in the interior.

·
Registered
154 Posts
My 05 NISMO has crhome bumpers in front and back. The roof "gutters" have only the 6 inch strip of rubber at the back of the cab, the rest is empty. I wondered this too as mine was used. I guess that's just how they were built. I'm sure you could find some molded rubber to fit in there, just have to glue it down, liquid nail would hold anything on there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts