Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at my 2006 Frontier catalog and noticed that the side view mirrors and door handles on the NISMOs are chrome. From all the Frontier forums that are out, I've noticed that many people with NISMOs have the black mirrors and handles like the XE and SE.

What did yours come with? Is it possible for me to order my NISMO truck from the factory with the black mirrors and handles (which is the way I'd like it)?

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Mine are chrome, but the build date on mine was in Sept. of 2005. I think the early build dates came in black.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
JayP, what is the build date on your truck?

I guess I'll have to check with whatever dealer I decide on to see if I can order mine w/ the black handles and mirrors. Has anyone done the research on how much these parts cost from Nissan? I think it may be a while before I start seeing parts like this on eBay, although I did see a passenger mirror online not too long ago. . .

·
Registered
492 Posts
Models made in late 2004 and early 2005 had the black mirrors and handles. On Nissan's site at the time it said they would have chrome on later production. My build date was 01/03/05.

·
Premium Member
1,032 Posts
Maybe you could find someone to trade with?

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
I believe they switched to chrome in Jul 05 and that's the only way you can get it now. I'm sure someone would trade their black ones for chrome. But not me I like the chrome.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Nismo54 said:
I believe they switched to chrome in Jul 05 and that's the only way you can get it now. I'm sure someone would trade their black ones for chrome. But not me I like the chrome.
if yours come in chrome, let me know. i am willing to exchange.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yah, if I can't request black, I'll definitely trade. Make sure you guys keep 'em in good condition!!! You'll be getting my chrome ones brand new around June-July!!!!!

·
Registered
395 Posts
My build date was feb '05 and I have the black handles/mirrors.

Roy

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wirenut said:
Models made in late 2004 and early 2005 had the black mirrors and handles. On Nissan's site at the time it said they would have chrome on later production. My build date was 01/03/05.
I think you're right! That seems to be the case. Anyone who wants chrome handles and mirrors (who can trade for black), keep my name in mind around the summer time. . .

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Do the black outside mirrors come in "power" trim? Or are they just manual?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
PIMPaLiCiOuS said:
JayP, what is the build date on your truck?

I guess I'll have to check with whatever dealer I decide on to see if I can order mine w/ the black handles and mirrors. Has anyone done the research on how much these parts cost from Nissan? I think it may be a while before I start seeing parts like this on eBay, although I did see a passenger mirror online not too long ago. . .
Dec, 04 and mine are power mirrors.

·
Registered
112 Posts
chrome

mine is a 05 nismo cc and my bumpers mirrows and handles are all chrome. kinda wish they would have done something with the tailgate handle

·
Registered
538 Posts
I live 2hrs from you and I would consider a trade.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I got black handles and power mirrors...tried to get nissan to give me chrome,but no luck
I would trade for chrome and pay the shipping both ways to FL :D
Jay

1 - 20 of 28 Posts