Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just raised my truck w/ a 3" body lift from 4x4parts.com. I had a local off-road shop install the kit and charged me 10 hours of labor. I also put on 31/1050/15 BFGoodrich AT tires on the original factory rims and quite pleased with the result. The ride quality is awesome (like stock) and the 4 cylinder motor has no issues pushing the 31's around. I feel no difference in acceleration and 85 mph on the highway is no problem.

What do you guys think?

SANY0010.JPG SANY0014.JPG SANY0011.JPG

·
Registered
890 Posts
looks good, how much did the shop charge an hour? looks like you could also do with a little bit of a Tbar crank to get an inch or 2 more outta the front

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks good, how much did the shop charge an hour? looks like you could also do with a little bit of a Tbar crank to get an inch or 2 more outta the front
You're right. I'm just leery about adjusting the torsion bars. I don't know how to do it and not sure it would make it look better than it already does. Also, I like the way the suspension handles right now.

$60/hr for 10 hr plus the kit. It was right at $1000 for body lift plus labor. The tires was another $700 out the door.

·
Registered
890 Posts
doing the torsion bar lift is very easy, there is a walkthrough in the 1st gen faq section, i think it would look good b/c itd level the truck out some, you can always turn it bck down if you feel it changes something, i did it, and havnt really noticed a change, other than hitting a dip in a turn it acts different, but i think i slightly over did it, you want about a 1/4 gap between your bumpstop and upper control arm

·
Registered
412 Posts
Whoa! you paid a GRAND for 3" of BL installed, looks good bro, but dang that some change just for that. I would've gone the SL route, what made you go with the BL? So now whats next???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Whoa! you paid a GRAND for 3" of BL installed, looks good bro, but dang that some change just for that. I would've gone the SL route, what made you go with the BL? So now whats next???
The ride is unchanged and it was intended to be mainly on-road vehicle with some off-road capabilities. SL would have cost quite a bit more since the SL kits themselves are a grand.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts