Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just raised my truck w/ a 3" body lift from 4x4parts.com. I had a local off-road shop install the kit and charged me 10 hours of labor. I also put on 31/1050/15 BFGoodrich AT tires on the original factory rims and quite pleased with the result. The ride quality is awesome (like stock) and the 4 cylinder motor has no issues pushing the 31's around. I feel no difference in acceleration and 85 mph on the highway is no problem.

What do you guys think?

SANY0010.JPG SANY0014.JPG SANY0011.JPG

·
Registered
890 Posts
looks good, how much did the shop charge an hour? looks like you could also do with a little bit of a Tbar crank to get an inch or 2 more outta the front

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
looks good, how much did the shop charge an hour? looks like you could also do with a little bit of a Tbar crank to get an inch or 2 more outta the front
You're right. I'm just leery about adjusting the torsion bars. I don't know how to do it and not sure it would make it look better than it already does. Also, I like the way the suspension handles right now.

$60/hr for 10 hr plus the kit. It was right at $1000 for body lift plus labor. The tires was another $700 out the door.

·
Registered
890 Posts
doing the torsion bar lift is very easy, there is a walkthrough in the 1st gen faq section, i think it would look good b/c itd level the truck out some, you can always turn it bck down if you feel it changes something, i did it, and havnt really noticed a change, other than hitting a dip in a turn it acts different, but i think i slightly over did it, you want about a 1/4 gap between your bumpstop and upper control arm

·
Registered
412 Posts
Whoa! you paid a GRAND for 3" of BL installed, looks good bro, but dang that some change just for that. I would've gone the SL route, what made you go with the BL? So now whats next???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Whoa! you paid a GRAND for 3" of BL installed, looks good bro, but dang that some change just for that. I would've gone the SL route, what made you go with the BL? So now whats next???
The ride is unchanged and it was intended to be mainly on-road vehicle with some off-road capabilities. SL would have cost quite a bit more since the SL kits themselves are a grand.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Just raised my truck w/ a 3" body lift from 4x4parts.com. I had a local off-road shop install the kit and charged me 10 hours of labor. I also put on 31/1050/15 BFGoodrich AT tires on the original factory rims and quite pleased with the result. The ride quality is awesome (like stock) and the 4 cylinder motor has no issues pushing the 31's around. I feel no difference in acceleration and 85 mph on the highway is no problem.

What do you guys think?

View attachment 23123 View attachment 23125 View attachment 23124
How’s this for digging up an old post. I love the look of the truck. If you are still on here, did moving to that large a tire have much of an impact on performance and MPG? I have a 2.4 automatic transmission.

·
Registered
3,167 Posts
Looks good! If you do adjust the torsion bars, keep in mind that it also changes the camber at the same time, so you'll need a wheel alignment afterwards.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts